Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ziah298 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Dual zone damper is not working
    We have a dual zone ac in our 2 story. It has been confirmed. But my question is will that cause us to have a large increase in our pg&e bill? Our bill has been astronomical now for 2 years. We've lived here for 3 years. Summer(2006) they had to come out and repair a leak in a pipe. A nail had penetrated the pipe.so is the cause of the ac problems the source of these electrical bills? Mind you pg&e has been out here several times and its not to do with anything faulty on their part. Someone please help me
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Every ones utility bills are high and they are going to go up more in the near future. A dual zone system should not cause a great increase in usage if it is not working correctly unless you really do not want to heat or cool a part of the house. Your best bet is to get your furnace serviced by a qualified service person and at that time you might ask them what efficiency your furnace/AC system is.

If it is old you might consider replacement. The only problem with that is paying up front for the equipment but saying on the utility bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual zone heating [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me the pros and cons of dual zone heating

How to lock open damper on two zone system [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to open and keep open the damper for both zones. We need a new damper system and will not have it done professionally until the 30th of November. I own a duplex and the damper system is Control a Temp. We just switched from oil to Natural gas and have a new furnace

Dual zone heating and air conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

We are developing plans for a 2500 sq ft bungalow with two distinct zones of 1000 and 1500 sq ft. We would like to control heat and a/c in each zone. We will be using a high efficiency oil furnace for heat installed in the basement. Dual zone systems are not yet common in our area (Eastern...

Dual Zone Control for Whole House A/C [ 4 Answers ]

Dual Zone Control for Whole House A/C I have a 5 TON Unit (Carrier) and a WHITE RODGERS 1F90-371 Programmable Thermostat in a 5/4 Private Dwelling. I've started using a closet for all my I.T. Gear, Servers, Raids, WiFi Routers etc... as you might guess; the I.T. Closet's become a hot-box. I'm...

Dual Zone Heating [ 2 Answers ]

I have forced hot air dual zone heating at my home. When I set the temperature at 70 in the first floor.. The fan is also blowing in my 2nd floor and the temperature increases in the 2nd floor to 70. Where as the thermostat in the second floor is set to 62. I looked at the furnace and saw a...

View more questions Search