Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElGalloviejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
    S l o w video playback start up
    Previously, I could right click on a video, select a program to play it back (WMP 11, BS Player Pro 2.1.6, Power DVD Ultra) and the video would begin to play almost immediately in the selected player.

Now, playback begins eventually only after a wait of from fifteen to thirty seconds in all three of the above video playback programs.

Computer specs. – AMD 4000+ CPU, 2 GB RAM, Leadtek WinFast PX7300 GS video card

Seems to make no difference if the HD is freshly defragged or not. System Restoring to a previous time when playback would begin almost instantly does not solve the problem.

Just recently installed Power DVD, yet the slowness in start up existed with both WMP 11 and BS Player before I installed it.

What do you suggest ? :confused:

Allen McDonald, El Galloviejo®
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Try installing new codecs may be they were broken
    ElGalloviejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Thanks, jaspreet2142.

I solved the problem by downloading videos from the Net in formats other than AVI.:)

Playback in all my playback programs is now almost instantaneous.

Allen McDonald, El Galloviejo®

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avi playback [ 1 Answers ]

I changed my vga card now avi files don't play at once on real player... avi files play after I play an mpeg file... is this a problem with the codecs? Or is it some other problem?

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Jerky DVD Playback [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been using Nero Vision Express to burn all my DVD’s. I find that when I play the DVD back it is slightly jerky. The original files that I am burning from are perfectly smooth so why does this happen when I put them on to DVD? Is it something to do with the encoding stage? ...

View more questions Search