Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegirlys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Vinyl pool liners
    I am having a vinyl inground pool installed. My question is do I have to install the brick coping prior to installing the liner??
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2008, 04:35 PM
    If you are having a vinyl liner pool installed - then the pool installers should be doing this =)

To answer your question, yes, you want to complete al work near the edge of a pool (coping included) before you hang the liner. Technically you could do the brick work after the liner and water are in the pool, but I would not recommend it.

How terrible would it be to knock a brick or sharp object like a screwdriver into the pool and puncture your liner. That would be terrible. Your liner is the weakest link of your pool so you need to treat it like a baby if you are ever going to make it through the 30 year pro-rated warranty that good manufacturers are giving now on vinyl liners.

Being that I am a pool professional, there are many occasions where I need to work in proximity to an unprotected liner with all sorts of menacing tools and materials. Bricks are pretty much the worst. If you drop one in, you have a hole in your liner and a dent in your soft floor. Then for the next thirty years you get to look at an underwater patch that no one else can see - but you know it's there.

Whether vinyl liners or gunite plaster finish, I always do it last to make sure that the finished product is as good as it can possibly be.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools & Artificial Rock
    Vancouver, BC
    604-421-8429
    1-888-267-0802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One liners [ 19 Answers ]

I haven't seen any humour on here today, and all the upsetting posts are getting me down a bit, so I thought I'd interject some fun into Thursday! Add any you have, as usual! :D My dog's a blacksmith. Every time we open the front door he makes a bolt for it. I was chopping up carrots with...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Need funny one liners [ 1 Answers ]

I am making some collages of victoria ladies and I want them to be funny. I need some funny one liners.. Here is an example of some I have gotten so you get the idea... "I always keep a nice home" "I never drink....before lunch" "They say I sold my children but I have just misplaced...

View more questions Search