Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alan3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2005, 06:23 AM
    Ambi skin cream
    Hi I am a 26 yo Asian male interested in lightening his skin (entire facial area). Is it safe for me to use the Ambi lightening cream (2% HQ) daily, and will this be effective?

Thank you very much for any help!
    -A.

:)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 9, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Here is something I found. Drugstore.com/... /skin_discoloration_fade_cream_for_normal_skin.htm I hope that helps and if you need more information just look up ambi on the web. They have a whole list of stuff about ambi.
    membah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2005, 04:17 PM
    No. Never use hydroquinone. It is so bad for you, there are PROVEN clinical trials where it was shown that hydroquinone thins the skin and can make it rip open. Its horrible for your skin and doesn't even lighten it, it only lightens freckles, and not very well at that. There are much safer and more effective things out there. Do some more research! Its all about the research!
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Dec 10, 2005, 08:24 PM
    Ya better to use alternatives to hydroquinone, since it's shown to be carcinogenic(toxic cancer causing) when used in high quantities. It should not be used more than 4 -6 months, but then you will redarken when you stop, if not get even darker, freckles or blackish-bluish(onchrosis) marks.

Keep in mind, these are the risks, but it boils down to your personal choice. Dermatolgists prescribe 2-4% HQ all the time, and say these risks are for those that use over 3% long term.

Alternatives to hydroquinone are kojic acid, arbutin(natural form of hq), bearberry, mulberry, licorice to name a few. Vitamin C will help even tones out, and Retin A works great in exfoliating and lightening complexion slightly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening cream? [ 6 Answers ]

You said that if I use skin lightening for 3 months the effect will be permanent. My question is what type of skin lightening cream is that. I need a name.

A cream that can make the skin lighter?. [ 7 Answers ]

Have any used bodybleach RareExtracts?. Or know soneone who has?. Please let me know Thanks

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Skin Cream You Use [ 14 Answers ]

Sup, post the cream you use on your face, and body. Also if you shave post the cream you use ( I think shaving cream has something to do with how your skin feels, both face and legs.) Also post wheather you like them or not... I use kiehl's ultra facial moustrizer spf 15 on my face. Works...

View more questions Search