Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Replacing Transmission Drive Beli On A Honda Harmony 1011
    I have a Honda Harmony 1011 riding mower. I need instructions on how to drop the transmission and change out the drive belt. If yo know where I can pick up a service manual on the net that would be great. Thanks guys, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 8, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Anybody?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Hi Tom. Are you sure you have to drop the tranny to change the belt. I have had many Honda riders over the years and never had to drop a tranny to change a belt. Look at it real close.
    Vann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Tom:
    Beneath the mower deck, you can see where the blade belt and DRIVE belt are connected to the engine by 2 separate pulleys. The blade belt must be disconnected from the pulley first before removing the drive belt.
    Disconnect the blade belt by removing the large U-shapped bracket belt holder (bolt on each side of frame)... and PTO lever should be OFF.
    Loosen, but don't remove the belt guide bolted to the frame near the drive belt pulley.
    Loosen and remove the single flange nut holding the drive belt holder to the right side of the frame... let it fall clear of transmission pulley.
    Locate the belt guide bolted to the top of the clutch pulley... loosen but don't remove the center bolt from the pulley to allow the drive belt to be removed from the pulley.
    Release the parking brake, remove the drive belt from the engine and transmission pulley.

Installation is just the reverse. Hope this helps.
    Vann
    jimjag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Jack up the back end of the mower. Pit blocks under the tires.
    There is spring at the back of mower that controls the tensions of the pulley
    Pull this spring from out
    Remove the bracket that holds the belt on drive wheel (nut should be on the right as you are looking at the back of mower)
    Work the belt back on the drive wheel
    Put the belt guide bracket back on
    Pull the spring though (use a vise grip)
    Lift mower off blocks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Harmony II [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honda mower which usually works just fine, one pull, no problem. Last fall I drained both the oil and gasoline for winter storage, it was working fine at that time. Now, after being stored for the winter I'm having a problem starting it. Of course, I've added new oil and gas and... ...

Replacing shift lever on 5 speed ford explorer transmission [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced my clutch, throw bearing slave and master clutch cylinders. When I went to replace the shift lever had no problem in shifting as I was securing the lever it poped out. I'm not sure if it was in gear or what gear it may have been in. when I put it back in it won't shift its like the...

View more questions Search