Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whitehead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Male cat excessive kneading
    My male cat (neutered - 3 years old) has started kneading more aggressively and will also wiggle his bum and purr while he is kneading. He has just started the wiggling and tightening his haunches. Is this normal behavior, or should I take him to the vet to look at other causes, i.e. urinary tract infections? He seems happy and isn't in any pain that I can recognize, I can pat his back while he is doing this and he doesn't cry.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Kneading is a setback from his kittenhood days where baby cats knead their mother to stimulate milk production and facilitate easier suckling, it's a sign of happiness! Wiggling his bum is oftentimes also part of the same kittenhood behavior. If he's not in pain, there's nothing to worry about with this situation. If the kneading bothers you because of his claws, buy him some soft nail caps to prevent him from scratching you or other people or objects. Please do not declaw him, that is cruel and unnecessary.
    dana129 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 12:30 PM
    My cat kneads anything fleece, and I was told it is normal and not to worry. I was concerned at first, but the vet said it is fine. It is actually quite funny when she does it to a blanket I have on me. I wouldn't worry as long as he is not in pain.
    SteveDoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 12:12 PM
    My cat just started doing this, I think because it's colder this time of year and she realises that she has a place in front of the heater and bowl full of food whenever she wants.
    felion48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
    My 4 - 5 year old male cat is kneading my lap excessively and then he begins to lick his privates immediately afterward. Since he is neutered, I don't know what's going on. Anyone have an idea?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excessive sweating [ 6 Answers ]

Can u please help me solve sweating problems.. can u give me precise steps in order to stop sweating? Thank you..

Excessive Calcium [ 5 Answers ]

My question is, in the last 6 months or so, I have noticed what appears to be an excessive amount of what I believe to be calcium in my homes plumbing appliances such as bath and kitchen faucets. What first drew my attention to the problem was that the water flow had become greatly reduced. I...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

Excessive use of name [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a hidden meaning behind someone who uses their dates name excessively in a conversation? As in, beyond saying it when greeting, getting their attention etc but to use it in every third sentence or so... I find it a little strange but if anyone can shine some light on the matter and advise...

Excessive Noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have complained for two (2) weeks about neighbors playing loud music in their apartment keeping me up past 2 am to my apartment manager; but every time I complained she told me there was nothing she could do about it. One of my neighbors complained that I was stomping on the floor at 11:05 pm...

View more questions Search