Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adambaylie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Connecting my sony vaio ar11m to my Samsung lcd
    Hi

Can I use a HDMI cable between the two to get a connection ? Because it doesn't seem to be trsansfering over the image

Thanks
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Dec 4, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Typically when you hook up another display to a laptop you have to press some keys to get the laptop to send the image to the secondary display. (usually an fn key and a key with a picture of a computer/monitor on it) You might want to check your manual to see what you need to do.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Dec 5, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I checked the specs on your Sony model. There is no HDMI output, only VGA and s-video. If the TV has a VGA input, you can connect the appropriate cable between the two.

There may also be a driver setting to enable the secondary display. Also the display resolution needs to match the capabilities of your TV. For example, if the TV accepts 720p input, then set your laptop resolution to 1280 x 720.
    abrinton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adambaylie
    Hi

Can i use a HDMI cable between the two to get a connection ? because it doesnt seem to be trsansfering over the image

thanks
    Connect via VGA. However, it probably will not work. Here's a fix that has it working fine for my Sony Vaio VGN-C240: Go to Sony.com, updates, your model: install Sony® LAN Setting Utility Update. Go to Vaio Central (one of the programs on the Vaio), which connects online to "External Display Detection Setting." Check the box for "Change the external display detection method." Reboot computer and power up Samsung LCD TV. Hit FN and F7 (LCD) if necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaio compatabilty with Samsung LCD [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my VAIO Laptop - VGN-FS115B to my Samsung LCD television without success. It would appear that my laptop it not sending a signal to the television. Has anybody else encountered this problem.

Compatibility between Samsung LCD TV and Vaio notebook? [ 22 Answers ]

It did not work when I tried connecting my Sony Vaio VGN-FE660G notebook To Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two? Thanks a lot.

Sony vaio laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

The lap top is 3 years old and the keyboard does not work. In "WORD" the letter "V" continuously runs on and on. The computer tries to open files beginning with the letter "V" like, Vaio Recovery, and any program beginning with the letter "V". You can still use the mouse pad only. My question,...

Sony Vaio VGN-A150 [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Get Pass The Password Protect On The Sony Vaio Vgn-a150

Compaq Presario vs. Sony Vaio [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just bought a Compaq Presario 6027US for $80. It's a Pentium 4 Processor, 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, PC 2100 DDR Total System Memory. It's 3 years old. Here's what confuses me, my laptop of about the same years is a Sony Vaio PCGFXA63. And this compaq presario is either equal to or better in...

View more questions Search