Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kortney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Homeschooling or online schooling
    Well right now I'm suppose to be in school but I just don't think school is for me well I'm trying too find out how I can get into homeschooling or schooling online I'm only 15 I will be 16 in January
    candy0324 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Hi, well I know a school you can graduate from with in a month. Its called Marque Learning center. Call 411 and get their number I graduated from there with in a month. All you have to do is pay 250 dollars. They give you a work book, U finish it and of course pass all the work and you garduate, you can go to any college with that diploma. I alredy went to san jac and they accepted me. Problem is you got to be 17. But still call them and see what they can do for u.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Type your county and state and cyber school in the search engine.
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Well you have to have a good amount of discipline to try either of them. I'm homeschooled and the curriculum I use use is called pace. They give you a diagnostic test to start with, and then from there they see if you have learning gaps. For example, say you missed a few things about fractions in 8th grade they will give a booklet which you finish and take a test on. After you do all your learning gaps you start where your supposed to be, and you the work a tyour own pace. You could graduate early, on time, after, it basically revolves around your schedule.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
    First at least in the US, home school is a lot of work and your parents will be responsible. In fact the law suit this week in California has restricted who can home school to being certified teachers. But that is not the case in most other states.

But the parents have to first normally notify the local school board, they will have to log the number of hours, grade the school work and so on.

So for you, you need to talk to your parents.
    Barbiie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I do virtual schooling.
    Go to Virtual Learning Centre
    It's a very good place to finish school.
    Its exactly like school!
    You have to pay but you get your money back when your finish the courses.
    DCTraveler Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 01:17 PM

You need to sit down with your parents and talk about why you think school isn't for you. Online school and homeschooling take a lot of patience on your part and will be lonely unless you find coops to go to and sports and such.

Try looking up HSLDA.org and also some of the local homeschooling groups in your state. They should have some more information that can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do homeschooling online [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know if I can do homeschooling online cause I can't take going to school everyday I have to many resonsiblities

How to go about online schooling? [ 8 Answers ]

:) Okay. I previously just introduced myself. I'm new. I have some questions concerning online schooling. First off - I'm 17 and I'm a senior in a public high school. I'm going to be a super senior. High school just isn't working out for me. Not that I'm un capable... but I can't seem to keep up...

Homeschooling !5 yr old [ 19 Answers ]

I am homeschooling my 15 yr ols son. I started towards the end of the year last year. Now that school has started again { Break is over} I am having a hard time getting him to work for more than an hour a day. He is doing beter than he was in the public school and getting good grades. I told...

Homeschooling [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing a paper for my college english class on the adantages and disadvantages of homeschooling. I was homeschooled and also attended some public school. I would like responses from people who have been homeschooled not people who only have an opinion on the topic Thanks

Homeschooling [ 34 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know more about the disadvantages of homeschooling. I am doing a letter to the editor for a school assessment task and I need to find as many disadvantages as possible. If you can help please respond.

View more questions Search