Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramy reda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 03:34 AM
    How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Split system means the condensing unit is outside and the air handler/furnace/A/C coil is inside.

((TROUBLESHOOTING OF THIS UNIT))

Many books have been written about this subject. I suggest you take a HVAC course at your local trade school so you can become informed about troubleshooting. It is a very involved subject. There are some sticky notes at the beginning of this board that will explain a few items if you are just curious.
    alaa_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Can I ask you question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting split system outdoor ac unitt [ 3 Answers ]

My outdoor unit works occasionally, you can turn it on at the thermostat, after about ten minutes or longer it will kick on, after it has reached the desired tempurture, in the house the ac unit will kick off and not work for a couple days or longer no matter how many times you turn the thermostat...

Sparks seen in split system heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

The problem presented itself when the fuse blew 3mo ago that was connected to our TRANE split system heat pump TWR030C100A0 on 3 separate occasions. We flipped the breakerand everything switched back on and held for weeks at a time. This last time it would not stay on. We replaced the fuse and...

Rheem Split Unit A/C not cooling properly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem split unit heater / ac RGDG-075AUER. It appear to be from 1994 based upon the serial number CB5D302-F1994-1196. The unit does not provide proper cooling for my townhome. When the AC is turned on it will initially blow cool air, but eventually the air appears warmer as if only a fan...

York Split-System Won't Blow Hot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've got an electric 2005 York Heat Pump/AC split system that won't blow hot. All winter long I've avoided using the heat, now that I need to turn it up the kids are crying that it blows cold air. Pulled the '05 electronic thermostat off the wall to reset it, then turned the temp to 72 and...

New wiring of heatpump split system [ 2 Answers ]

My house trailer has only electric heat. I have added the "A" coil and heatpump. I have replacaed the two wire thermostate cable with a five wire cable. One goes from the thermostate to the furnace the other goes from furnace to the outside unit. I'm using the two heaters as the aux heat. I have...

View more questions Search