Ask
    RJM 007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Miter chair railing
    How do you miter chair railing
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:18 PM
    RJM007 - I always use a miter saw, before I had one I made my own, using a trisquare and a 12 point trim saw, then I bought the wooden mfg. made ones. You can get one of the wooden ones at just about any place that sell carpentre tools. Since you don't know how to cut the miter cuts on trim, I would get a extra piece of the chair rail to learn how to makes your cuts, or you are (GOING TO BE AWFUL UPSET AT YOURSELF) IT is an art, you don't learn it over night. II could tell you how to make your 45 degree cut, then do your backcut with a copeing saw ( WHICH YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE ALSO) ,if you are going to make prof. cuts that fit like a glove. You could make just stright across cuts and 45 degree cuts for corners and where you may have to use more then one piece to go all way across the room.( THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO< IF YOU KNOW A GOOD CARPENTER THAT KNOWS HOW TO DO TRIM WORK< AND DO MITER CUTS< TALK TO HIM OR HER AND HAVE ONE OF THEM SHOW YOU, HOW TO DO YOUR MITER CUTS) I worked in this field fRom Early 60's to 2004, Good luck & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Hello, KBC _ You hit the nail on the head,and you were blindfolded, ha ha , I only hope he takes my advise before he ruins some expensive trim material, ( If I remember right there are about 75 different miter cuts that can be made,)? Have a good day & GOD BLESS:::: F.B.E. P.S. I even used to make cuts wrong sometimes, it's not very hard to get turned around sometimes,even with several years exper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharpening a miter saw blade [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to sharpen a 10" miter saw blade? Is it easy to do? Or is it easy to mess up :) Kind of on a tight budget so would like to avoid buying a new one if I can. Thanks!

Cut off saw----Miter saw [ 2 Answers ]

Can you put a metal wheel on a miter saw to cut metal without destroying your compound miter saw. I understand that the sparks will cause problems to the plastic guards. But is there any other problems associated with doing this. I have a 12 in Craftsman. I want to cut metal. But I hate to buy a...

Chair railing [ 1 Answers ]

How high should the chair railing be to make the room look bigger, and will it be OK to put it in a living room?

What kind of chair is this 'Lady Chair' ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I recently inherited a chair shown in the following photos: http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair1.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair2.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair3.jpg It is lacquered, with a curved wood back and seat.

View more questions Search