Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evergreen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Home freeze alarm/light
    [ where do I find a simple home temperature alarm to notify neighbors if heat goes off? Like turning on a light seen from outside?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Sensaphone is one method.
    Another is A thermostat, relay, and a light, bell or buzzer. Intellisense makes a nice sensor, that will close when cold or heat is exceeded. You can also hook to a dialer so it will call several numbers(your cell, neighbors home phone, whoever, anywhere).
    Remember, when temperature is reached, it will dial. May be better to be alerted to loss of power to heating system.
    Another thought is have it dial or alert when temperature is exceeded, and not when heat is off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is the best home alarm system [ 4 Answers ]

We are having a new home built and we would like to install an alarm system. We are so remote it would take a officer 20-40 minutes to respond so we were thinking of using cameras so we can at least see who and maybe get a license plate number. Any suggestions or comments on which systems are...

Freeze warning light [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a device that is used to warn when the temperature in the house is nearing freezing. This alarm consists of a red light bulb screwed into a small metal box, apparently containing a thermostat that serves as a switch. The box is plugged into an electrical outlet and placed in a...

Can't light the pilot on my mobile home furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me to light my pilot on my coleman furnace?

HOME AC lines freeze up, but NOT the coil [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings All, I have had problems on a couple of occastions with my AC lines are freezing up. Googling around seems to always talk about low refrigerant leading to the coils freezing up, leading to the lines freezing up. This isn't the case. ONLY the lines are frozen, the coil is clean as a...

Light at own home produces sound when light at neighbor's house is switched on [ 4 Answers ]

I've moved into an apartment. I noticed that whenever I switched on my fluorescence light and when my neighbor switches on his light, my fluorescence light would produce a 'rrrrr' or 'mmm' sound which sometimes can be loud and irritating. I have tried changing the light bulb and even the ballast...

View more questions Search