Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xvxixcxkxyx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Christmas gifts
    Okay, I'm getting stressed! I haven't got much money and I have MANY friends and family who I need to buy christmas prezzies for. What can I buy them I need ideas. Its so annoying!!
    PLEASE HELP?!

An also I really do not know what I want for christmas. I have 100 pound left to buy whatever I want what could I get. Something interesting please??
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Dec 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I know, you are going to be told 'make something yourself'. Depending on your talents that could be wonderful or dismal. Christmas is not all about gifts. In my opinion, a letter or note to the people who are important to you telling them what they mean to you is priceless. Write it on good stationery. It will be saved. I treasure the one from my daughter at age 16. I am so grateful to have had the same chance with people who meant a lot to me.
    Okay, and for the others in your life.
    How about a small party, a gift of your time and friendship?
    For yourself? A book can last a lifetime. Find some good books, maybe on philosophy, poetry, art, those you can treasure always, and go back to often.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
    One year for Christmas, I did the letter idea that Cerisa listed.

I had virtually no money, so I got a nice set of stationary, and hand wrote the five best memories I had with each of the people on my list.

When my great-gramma died 2 years ago, her list was found in the front of her Bible, obviously read and re-read. My gramma still has hers in her purse, and my mom has hers in her jewelry safe, with her other precious things.

I would think that a letter like that from anyone I love would be one of the most precious things I ever got from them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I like the letter idea also. People will understand you do not have a great deal of money and I doubt everyone expects a gift. Yes, it is nice to get a gift but it is nice to get something heartfelt. Can you do something like a coupon book for someone? For example, if you have an aunt and uncle who has a small child that needs babysitting - make some coupons for that. Or an elderly family member - make some coupons for errands or housecleaning or even a bit of baking. Your good will go a longer way than any material gift. Plus, done in love - who can top that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I love the idea of a letter to people telling them five favorite memories you have with each person. Do that with people older than you are -- uncles, aunts, grammas, mom, dad. For sibs and friends, bake something -- make fudge or cookies -- and put each food gift into a Christmasy container.

I know these ideas probably sound weird maybe, but trust us!
    ranger59 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Dec 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I love the idea of a letter to people telling them five favorite memories you have with each person. Do that with people older than you are -- uncles, aunts, grammas, mom, dad. For sibs and friends, bake something -- make fudge or cookies -- and put each food gift into a Christmasy container.

I know these ideas probably sound weird maybe, but trust us!
    I agree with Wondergirl. Do something simple like making Christmas cookies and give to your friends. Remember, it is the thoughs that count and not how much you spend on someone.
    xvxixcxkxyx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Thanks for the comments that is a very brill idea thanks a lot:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

Return of Gifts [ 3 Answers ]

I had gifted a $5000 animal as a commitment to a relationship - similar to the token of an engagement ring. The relationship failed and ended. I have requested to have the animal and certificate of ownership returned. I have several e-mails from past partner stating he will return the animal...

Gifts of money [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to send out invitations for a church member's two sons who are both graduating this month. She told me that they would like any monetary gifts to be given to the church instead. How do I word this on the invitations?

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

Asking for Christmas gifts etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

My oldest sister is very materialistic. She sent me an e-mail this a.m. "giving me a heads-up" about Christmas gifts for her kids. She proceeded to tell me that the "kids have asked that they receive cash instead of gift cards so they can buy what they want." I was appalled at this rude...

View more questions Search