Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frilly Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:38 AM
    People Jobs
    I'm Interested In People And Their Behaviour And The Way They Think And Stuff. What Future Career Do You Suggest? I'm Just Clueless At This Point As To What I Would LikeTo Do With My Life. Thanks :]
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Have you considered a career in psychology?
    Frilly Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Yes, I Have. But I Don't Really Understand What It Is They Do Exactly. Have You An Idea?
    And Wow. Thank You For The Quick Reply <:D
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I work as a licensed professional counselor for a mid-sized agency in a suburb of Chicago. I have a Master's degree in clinical psychology. I facilitate two anger management groups for male domestic violence offenders, and a parenting group for men court ordered for incidents involving their kids. In addition, I do therapy with couples, families, and individuals who come in for help with a variety of issues including parenting problems, depression, anxiety, marital conflict, etc.

My groups meet for two and a half hours and client sessions are typically fifty minutes long. There is paperwork that needs to be filled out for all my clients including treatment plans and progress notes, and various agency clinical meetings I must attend. To keep my licensure, I need to keep up with my field and get additional training every year.

There are various other administrative tasks I do, including computer work for the agency, recertification preparation, HIPAA compliance work, and other things. These will vary from agency to agency and not all therapists will have as many administrative duties as me. If you work in a nonprofit agency, you will probably be involved in fundraising efforts.

Most mental health positions will require a Master's degree; there's little work available out there in the USA for folks with a Bachelor's degree, and they tend to be jobs of a dead-end nature. That means six years of education beyond high school. There are social workers, counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists. Social workers and counselors may have Masters degrees or Doctorates; you need a Doctorate to be able to call yourself a Psychologist in the USA. Psychiatrists are medical doctors with a specialization in psychology - they're the ones who usually prescribe psychoactive meds.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Jobs in SC [ 4 Answers ]

:) Hello, my family and I are about to move to Columbia, South Carolina and my husband is looking for a JOB his interest is in Air Conditioning, we will be there in the mid of January. Does anyone have any interviews or do you know of anyone with interviews? Thank you.

Jobs in dubai [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a job in Dubai and wanted to know whether this site could assist me in finding one. Im a fitter and turner/welder, machine builder and am currnetly working in a textile company in Cape Town, South Africa.

Teen jobs. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm fourteen and I really need a job I like the feeling of making my own money.. I have my working papers I just don't no where to look for a job who would hire a 14 year old any suggestions?:D

Pricing jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently thinking about starting my own office cleaning business. But I don't know how to go about pricing jobs. Has anyone got any experience or advice in that field. I would appreciate any help if you can thank you.

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search