Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackwolf-kaida Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Moving on but moving backwards.
    Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months before we called it off. Here it is one year later EXZACTLY to the day an he decides to call me. I haven't heard from him in a year why all the sudden does he want to talk? Just when I thought I was getting over him I take 3 steps backwards. I moved on with my life an with someone else now. But part of me still wonders if we could have worked it out. Its hard loving someone when your heart still belongs to someone else. What should I do.. let him go all together or attempt to save what's left of our friendship?
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Dec 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
    I think you should meet with him over coffee perhaps, just to see for yourself what is going on instead of spending all your time wondering and maybe regretting your decision. I would advice you to be up front with the person you are with though. Explain that it still feels like unfinished business and you would appreciate it if he let you go have a chat with the other guy. I did this, twenty years ago, then I went back to the guy who was waiting at home for me. I don't believe in going backwards but who know, if I hadn't I might have always wondered if I had made the right decision. Hope that helps a little.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Starhope Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Like Caralyn said you should talk to him over coffee instead of wondering all the time but make sure you let your new boyfriend know that you want to do this and if he is all right with it. I can tell you still love him but it doesn't mean you can't be friends and you never know your new boyfriend and old one could probably become buddies if you really wanted them too. But the heart wants what the heart wants, there is such thing as second chances.

A lot of women prefer to move forward but you can move backward if you really feel it so. I know this might not be helping much but for sure you should talk and catch up on what happened the past year.
    blackwolf-kaida Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Thanks for the advice. He called me again this morning. I would love to go for coffee with him or something an just talk but we cant. There's 6 states separating us from doing that. After we split I moved east to presue my career in ems an he stayed out west. My new boyfriend does know about my ex but dispises him for everything he put me through. He actually was the one to answer the phone this morning and the first thing out of his mouth to my ex was "what the hell do you want". So its not like I can pack a bag catch a plane an be back the same night. What through me off was right before we hung up the phone he said "ill see you soon" I don't know what he meant by that if anything at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed is moving [ 9 Answers ]

Monday night when I got under the covers a mystery happened(to me).I was on my back and was looking at my covered feet.The end of the bed on one side of my feet moved.Then it would be like a cat purring but much stronger.Pushing the bed on one side to the other of my feet.I jumped out of bed to see...

Moving out at 18 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the rules about being 18 and still in high school? Can I move out and well live on my own? My girlfriend has a place to live and a job. Do I have to do anything or can I just move away without my parents permissions?

Need Help Moving Out [ 7 Answers ]

Here's the story. I'm fifteen years old. I live with my mom and dad. I haven't had contact with one of my sisters for eight years. My parents made sure she couldn't come in contact with me because they thought she'd brainwash me against them. My sister found me on myspace. She's 27 years...

Moving? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are thinking about moving to Arizona, near laughlin. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like all year, what kind of job opportunities there are, etc. I've lived in California my entire life and I don't want to jump into something so quickly without knowing anything. Any...

Moving on.. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering.. I had a very intense friendship/relationship with my best guy friend.. and because it got really complicated I asked him to choose.. friends or couple. He chose friends. How long do you suggest I wait before going into a new relationship? (I really got screwed up in...

View more questions Search