Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2007, 07:12 PM
    How to mount a utility sink (with legs) to the wall.
    I'm trying to figure out how to retro fit my stand-up utility sink so that it is mounted to the wall of my garage. I do not want the front legs of the sink to be in the way (for cleaning purposes) and I couldn't find a wall mounted version in my area. Does anyone have any ideas of how to mount this to the wall?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Is this the plastic or fiberglass type? If so, I'd use molly's.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 2, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavy_p
    i'm trying to figure out how to retro fit my stand-up utility sink so that it is mounted to the wall of my garage. i do not want the front legs of the sink to be in the way (for cleaning purposes) and i couldn't find a wall mounted version in my area. does anyone have any ideas of how to mount this to the wall?
    Those front legs are there for a reason. They carry the weight of the utility sink when the tub's full of water. You can try Ricks toggle bolts to secure the sink to the studs but don't be surprised if, after filling the sink with water, they don't pull right through the plastic. Let us know how you make out. Regards, Tom
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavy_p
    i'm trying to figure out how to retro fit my stand-up utility sink so that it is mounted to the wall of my garage. i do not want the front legs of the sink to be in the way (for cleaning purposes) and i couldn't find a wall mounted version in my area. does anyone have any ideas of how to mount this to the wall?
    I've reconsidered my original plan and I'm thinking of building a cabinet for it. This way I can hide the plumbing and I get storage room under the sink too.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 2, 2007, 07:33 AM
    've reconsidered my original plan and I'm thinking of building a cabinet for it. This way I can hide the plumbing and I get storage room under the sink too.
    Great plan! Works for me! You know they make drop in utility sinks that you can mount in a cabinet. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to mount a wall mount pot filler [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking about installing a wall mounted pot filler in our kitchen. What type of fitting and mounting does this require. I am using ½” copper to a thread male. I will secure the pipe to the stud. Is this correct. How far out does the thread need to stick out of the wall.

Tips to relocate a cast iron, wall-mounted laundry utility sink? [ 5 Answers ]

Currently I have 2 laundry sinks mounted side-by-side to the wall, with a wall-mounted faucet centered above both. These are cast-iron, white porcelain American Standard sinks, 24"x 20" x 16" deep, with a 1 1/2" lip around the top edge. To add some much needed space to this area, I plan to...

Replacing a bathroon sink with a utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my bathroom sink with a utility sink but the plumbing drain pipes are smaller than the utility sink fittings. Do I have to cut them off ,they seem to be glued on very tight.is there an adaptor I can use .I have no plumbing knowledge at all(as you can see)and little money to spend....

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

View more questions Search