Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oorah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Hand drill
    When using a power drill there are settings on the drill for torque... they range from 0 to 22... is there a guide to let me know what setting to use on different projects...
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:14 AM
    if you are not sure, say you are going to put a screw into an object that has a plastic housing, for instance a weed eater, then start on a low # and if the screw stops before it goes all the way in, then increase the torque one increment at a time. And with time you will learn to judge what # to try and start on. And if the drill is a variable speed, it is even better, that way you can "ease" into uncertain objects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you drill vitreous china? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm thinking of adding a soap dispenser to my bathroom sink, a project which will involve drilling a new hole in the faucet deck to accommodate the new addition. All the plumbing books I've read warn me to use the proper drilling technique for whatever material the sink is made of. So I...

Drill holes in shell [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best, most efficitent, cheapest way to drill a holes in shells. I have lots of shells that need to get small holes drilled in them, but it seems that shells are very hard and it takes an incredibly long time. I have used a hand drill with an ordinary drill bit and it worked OK but took...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Tapered drill bits [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, How do I sharpen a tapered drill bit. Thanks, Randy

View more questions Search