Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misterk Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Locating criminals nearby
    Hello,

I understand sex offenders are required to register to the state/federal governments? If that's true could anyone tell me where I can find the website that lists sex offender locations so I could see who around me has a criminal history? I heard there's a website that maps them out? I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Registry try this go down to your state. Also on your sherriff site they should have a list or on the clerk of courts website.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
    You can also try the Map Sex Offenders website - Map Sex Offenders in my local area and neighborhood. Search for and find registered sexual predators in our free national registry.
    Or this one - Map Sex Offenders Nationwide
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I'm not sure any such website exists. There are strict guidelines about how sex offender registry information can be disseminated.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 05:19 PM
    That information is posted in the newspapers when a sex offender moves into a town/city. The name and photo and address are given. It is not illegal and violates no right to privacy.

An example for the city of Fargo, ND - Map Sex Offenders Nationwide
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2008, 02:35 AM
    You can also check amber alerts-or,megans law-or,just 'google' itt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should criminals get a second chance? [ 20 Answers ]

I am doing an essay for my college writing course essay and I was wondering what society thinks about criminals and should criminal get a second chance.

Nuclear holocaust with monsters lurking in nearby woods [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking for a movie I saw in the early to mid 70's where a group of folks gather at a mansion or house and, I believe, are the sole survivors of a nuclear holocaust; there are pools and lakes nearby and creatures tend to hunt the humans as they go out for walks on the grounds. Can't...

Deporting Alien Criminals [ 1 Answers ]

We deport poor alien mexicans who don't have a criminal history all the time. Why isn't homeland security doing the job they are being paid to do? Why do they allow a man like this who has committed numerous crimes in this country to remain? They had him in custody for over 3 months with an INS...

Financial Assistance for Rehabilitated Criminals [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Mike and I am a 28 yr old Rehabilitated Felon. I am trying to go to school for Microsoft IT, through the ComputerTraining.com. It is really hard to find a job around where I live, especially being a Felon. So I decided fixing my life and learning from my wrongs was the best thing...

This is why treating terrorists as criminals won't work. [ 42 Answers ]

POWs should not be treated as criminals. They should not be given trials because they are POWs and not criminals. POWs have never been given trials. The Geneva Conventions actually prevent POWs from being tried for their actions as soldiers (unless their actions were war crimes). They could be...

View more questions Search