Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sue1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2003, 08:27 AM
    Personl credit rating
    I sold my house in April this year and am currently renting a property. I have never had any problem with my credit rating and have never been refused any creeit cards or loans! Until I moved into this rented house.
    Am I right in belive-ing that a persons credit rating can be affected by there being a problem with the property they are living in?
    How  can I find out about my credit rating?
    raymond47 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2004, 09:36 AM
    Re: personl credit rating
    To find out about your credit search the internet with "credit report (your country)" In some countries you may have to go to province or state also.
    creditquestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 02:55 PM
    Hope this helps
    It is my understanding that this should not have an effect. However, the you have moved in the last 6 months, which is seen as being unstable. This is stupid, but credit company's frown on moving because they need to find you. It is especially bad for those of us who while in college had 4 addresses in 4 years because of college rentals (very damaging to credit report). Also, you have gone for owning to renting which is also seen as a warning.

Hope this helps!
    centchemmueller Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 05:36 PM
    Check these out..
    Try checking your credit with the major compainies Transunion, Equifax and Experian. They will all more than likely have differing information on you and your accounts. If you see any information that is not right, you must submit your reasons in writing forget about contacting anybody over the phone. You must be persistent in this regard, believe me. Keep pushing for any discrepencies to be fixed... and document everything you do and who you talk to. I loathe these credit companies...
    Hope it all works out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unexplained excellent credit rating [ 4 Answers ]

A friend, after claiming bankruptcy, had to have a co-signer to buy a car. A few months later he tried for a small loan and was told that he had a three gold star credit rating and could borrow up to $75,000 with no problem. (This is in Canada) What could possibly have happened to give him such...

Remote amperage rating for Ellington WC-100 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a ceiling fan and have been told by the ceiling fan company to use a remote made by Emerson called an SW-101 wall unit, that is rated at 1.25 amps. Doing a bit of research, I found an Ellington WC-100 that appears to be exactly like the SW-101. Does anyone know if this unit...

Temperature rating of 12/2 wire [ 1 Answers ]

I am in process of installing some new recessed lights in my kitchen. The house is an old farm house built in the late 1800's. Some of the wiring is the old cloth wiring (which I will replace) but some is the somewhat newer wire that has a silver colored insulation covering. The lights I am...

Looking for product rating software with... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am looking for a product rating software or code that I can use that can do the following: Example: I want to post 10 similar products in some random order and my visitors will rate the product. I want a software or code that can list the products,in the order of their respective...

Recessed cans and I/C rating, what does it really mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello again all, and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. I installed 8 recessed (6") cans in my attic ceiling. they are rated for insulation contact (I/C) . they are installed in a 2x4 ceiling. i plan to lay insulation perpindicular/over the top of the 2x4's. and then also insulate...

View more questions Search