Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nisha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2004, 08:44 AM
    Timber defects
    I would like to know about various defects of timber urgently... I have my exam tomorrow :(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Hi,
    Since you posted your question on May 5, 2004, how did you do on the exam?
    Well, I hope, and best wishes.
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 27, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Defects in timber would refer to anything other than clear strait grain.OK anything that interrupts the growth of clear straight grain would be branches,natural characteristics of the growth pattern,insects,rot,lightning,fires,birds and rodents,seasonal weather conditions,and mishandling during the felling proses,and the location in the wood of which it was milled from.
    I'm no expert, but anytime I run across defects its cause falls into one of these categories.
    Hope this helped you.
    xxarah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 11:31 AM
    There r a lot e.g. artificial defects which r cup bow twist check & insect attack.2 is natural defect are heart,star,cup,ring shakes* knot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Timber [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get some information on the defects and diseases in timber, and attacks by wood-boring insects

Timber defects [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing 1st year architecture and it seems like right now I'm pretty much stuck.so somebody please try help me out.This is my topic,'TIMBER DEFECTS, PEST & DISEASES COMMON & THEIR TREATMENT & AVOIDENCE. :(

Densest timber? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the densest timber that can be bought in large pieces? By large, I mean a timber that could be bought in a piece big enough to make a solid-body electric guitar with no splits in the wood...

Timber defects [ 3 Answers ]

Please HELP SOMEONE IM STUCK!?

Timber diseases [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me with different types of timber defects, pest & diseases.

View more questions Search