Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 1, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Vista and IE7 popups or new tabs
    Got this laptop, great with builtin webcam and fingerprint regog.. from a friend who knows I like a challenge.

Well, it's OK so far.. But lately, I have been getting these darned new tabs (so they are not actually popups) with advertisements from sites I never visited. Is this a worm, bug, virus, or not a strong enough security setting?

Even when I do a new tab for AMHD, I get a stupid one first, have to close it and go back to favorites. Should I delete all cookies and other files before I shut down daily?

Honest, it's super irritating!! so someone please answer when you get a chance.

Thanks,

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 05:25 AM
    I don't get any of those in Firefox nor in IE7 so it might be something specific to your computer. It sounds like spyware/adware to me. Ever since I started using Firefox exclusively I've never had to do any spyware cleaning. If you use IE7 exclusively I guess you still need to do that. Use both Spybot and AdAware, make they are completely updated and run scans.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 3, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Guess what happened after I rated you??

So, maybe, I'm thinking... could it also be an issue that involves the latest updates from Java? I don't know that much about it, but is it possible?

I did not even leave this site, just pressed submit, and boom... so I'm stumped..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Website that has good guitar tabs [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website that has good free guitar tabulature? How about Drum sheet music? I have looked but so many of the websites make you sign up for other free stuff first. Thanks in advance! :)

Cannot delete the tabs in my spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to delete three sheets in my workbook. The document lets me do everything with the exception of deleting these three tabs. It is not encrypted or password protected. However, when I attempt to unprotect it, it asks for a password. Help! I have tons of data I need to...

How do I stop these popups? [ 10 Answers ]

I ran Adaware on my computer. Then I ran a virus program that did a full scan. I set my browser to No-Popups. My son was using the computer to go to a kids site and a pop-up came up. Any advice? We are using xp home edition.

Growth Tabs [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my boyfriend just ordered Heightmax from online that claims to grow some inches. My boyfriend is 23 yrs old and I have some doubts about these pills. I believe its not going to work at all, but maybe Im just wrong. Please someone that knows, or that can read about this nutritional pill, can...

Why are these tabs on my breaker panel? [ 3 Answers ]

Howdy. I have a quick question. In my circuit breaker panel, about the bottom 1/4 of the rows have little metal tabs on the edges that the top 3/4 do not have. I do remember that the breakers are Cutler-Hammer Type "CH", which have a little hook shape to secure them on the panel. (see link) ...

View more questions Search