Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danijelab21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    5 of mine home pregnancy tests were positive, but my blood work was negative. Could I still be pregnant?
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Nov 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Anything is possible... I don't want to upset you but last year I had a positive at home pregnancy test & also got a positive urine pregnancy test at the doctor's office - however my blood work came back negative. The doctor said I had experienced a 'chemical pregnancy' - which is basically a very early miscarriage. This is what I found out when I did a search on Google..

What is a chemical pregnancy?
    A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman's period was due but a miscarrige occurred before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it's down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.

Don't be discouraged though - I became pregnant the very next month after I experienced this - & he is now 4 months old. Good luck & God Bless.

Mary Ann
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 30, 2007, 11:30 PM
    My sister took like 4 hpt tests and then went to the doctor and the blood test was negative... She realized that she drank so mch before going... that it diluted it. Could that be a possibility for you??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you be pregnant and not know? [ 31 Answers ]

My last full period was in January and it lasted on 3 days. February. & March had just spotted light pink. I can't fit into my clothes at all, my stomach is hugh. I took the EPT and it came back negative. There is something in my stomach moving. Everyone says its gas, but gas moves slowly and...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm an 18 year old girl. My last period was February 7,2007 it is now march 29 and yesterday I had 3 brownish red spots in my underwear.now today it like bright red (not real bright) and not as heavy as my normal periods. I never had spotting before or after my periods can someone tell me what's...

View more questions Search