Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gofishnana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
    UAW/GM Contract -Retiree bonus ?
    Hello,
    I am a UAW Retiree. I was told we would get some money from the Contract agreement. Do you know how much and when we will get it. I had heard December. I can not find a UAW Retirement phone number.. Our retiree meetings are 100 miles from here so I do not get to attend...
    I hope you can give me a phone number or other answer of some kind.
    Thank you
    UAW Retiree
    Shreveport, La.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:27 PM
    What local were you a member of?
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Both my grandfathers are GM UAW member retirees, I can look up some numbers maybe if you know what local it was.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
    If it was 2166

UAW Local 2166
    6881 Industrial Loop
    Shreveport, LA 71129

Phone — (318) 688-7103
    Fax — (318) 686-9936

You can call the union office and they should give you a number of the peopple who can help you with the retirement bonuses.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Welcome! Hopefully the people at that union office can direct you to where you need to go/who you need to talk to.
    Bozeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
    If you are talking about the Christmas Bonus It goes out the week of Dec. 13, 2010
    mikelm31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 01:42 PM
    You lost your Christmas Bonus . It was taken away to save your retirment benefit and Dental and eye care was added. That came from our UAW, who handles our medical not GM. We got the green weenie and if you still were working you would have Five Thousand signing bonus and a big profit shareing for the next four years. Be happy with what you have. They may take it all. Or file Chapter 7 and leave us in the dust like always. Good Luck!Most are canceling there union dues of two dollars a month.
    dgbrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 05:08 AM
    Do We get eye and dental care as retires? Local 668
    mikelm31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Yes we did get our eye and dental back but at a limited amount. Twenty five dollar co pay on eye and dental we get x-ray fillings and three cleanings. Better than a good ole kick, I guess.
    Mikey
    Hotshotxxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
    ... No one seems to be answering the question. Do retirees get the $5,000 or not ? My guess is "not'. When I was working we had to share everything we go with the retirees. We didn't get anything the retirees didn't get. It burned my *** that I was humpin' the goat for UAW/ GM and some guy on easy street was reaping all the benefits. Our bonuses (when we used to get them) would have been much larger had they only been for the 'active workers'. What's worse they also gave them to management usually a bit more than we got at that. That really took the cake ! So, now I'm retired praying we at least get our dental back (which we do sort of) , and that deductibles/ copays / premiums don't go up. Just hanging on by the skin of my worn out teeth. I've always found that when it's hard to get or find an answer it means they are hiding and downplaying the truth. It is not forthcoming information whether or not retirees are getting any of the signing bonus ; which probably means ..."NO" ! Hung out to dry AGAIN ! Now I must go march in the 'Occupy Wall Street' Protest ! Along with everyone else who have been continually taking the shaft since about '79 (whether they know it or not).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

Relocation Bonus [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm going to be transferring within my company from the Washington, DC area to San Francisco. I've received a transfer package which includes the relocation package. I'm not sure what the rules are from a tax perspective, but I thought there were slightly different tax rules based on...

Can a bonus be taxed twice? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a sign on bonus of $2000. However I am leaving the company before the 2 year time requirement so I have to pay it back. I noticed on my last check that they deducted my bonus AFTER taxes so now I've been hit twice. Is this correct? If not, what can I do now that it's already been...

View more questions Search