Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fireywoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 09:52 AM
    Need experience
    Please help. I have an AAS in Criminal Justice and am looking for either an investigations position or fingerprint technician position. Every single job I've found wants you to have at least one year experience, this includes the entry level positions I've seen. How and where can I get this experience? I currently work full time and cannot afford to leave my job for part time or voluntary work. :confused:
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

Dec 6, 2005, 02:13 PM
    I think it depends on where you look. Some of the places I have looked at require one year experience.. and or one year of college level or vocational training in law enforcement or criminal justice. Since you do have an AAS in criminal justice, you are qualified for the job.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Experience
    Hi,
    I agree with the other answer, about possibly not having to have 1 yrs experience. Some jobs only require a degree.
    Does your state have a State Employment Commission? Or an Unemployment Department or Commission?
    You might could check with them, and they offer job postings. You might find one that will accept your degree, in lieu of experience. You do know, I'm sure, that this would be an "entry level" , "learning", job, and probably after a year, would be more money.
    You could also make an appointment with one of the jobs requiring a year, talk with them, and they might just like the fact you have a degree, and waive the yrs' experience!
    I do wish you good luck.
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2009, 01:38 AM

It might not work, but have you checked the yellow pages for investigators. I know they work at night and on your days off. Maybe you could hook up with one for a year for the experiences, and they may or may not pay you, but you would not have to quit your job??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time experience. [ 14 Answers ]

Hey there, I live in Australia, I had the weirdest experience happen to me on Saturday night and have no idea what it was about or know who to talk to about it. I really want to know if it was a good or bad thing. Ok here I go. I fell asleep on my couch, my partner woke me up, I went to bed... ...

Experience [ 19 Answers ]

I broke up w. my GF the other day and Im not sure why? What I mean is, nothing was wrong really, we didn't fight, we got along well, physically things were great. I just wasn't content with the feeling of having a "luke warm" relationship.. and I felt like it was affecting my career or...

Have You Had a Near Death Experience? [ 3 Answers ]

Presented below is my "near death" experience. Those of you who have truly had one, please share your experience. Dr. O.S. Hawkins used to say, "An inward impression, without an outward expression, is depression." That's part of the reason why I wanted to share with you the "near death"...

View more questions Search