Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Nov 30, 2007, 11:38 AM
    3 Stinky faucets
    I have read a few posts about this but here you go...

When I turn the faucet on at all three sinks in my house (both bathrooms & kitchen sink) - I get what smells like 'sewage gas' for only about 5 seconds. It's not really strong - you almost have to put you nose down to the faucet. I don't think it's some kind of clog because it's in all 3. Another thing is... I was filling up my dogs water bowl & absolutely no water went in the drain & I still smelt the smell from the drain. ANd another thing - our house is new only 1 year old. Do you have any suggestions??

THanks!!
    Mary Ann
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Do you get the smell from the drain or from the faucets? Sounds like you're saying it's from both. Are you on a well or city water?

Nov 30, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I think it just comes from the drain - however the smell only lasts a few seconds. I just went and checked all three & I didn't notice it but very little. We are on well water - I hadn't thought of that. I guess it could be the sulfar in the water. (That was what my husband thinks - but I thought he was just trying to get out of doing anything about it - (HA HA). When your on well water - could different times of the year change the smell of the water? I just started to notice this smell a couple of weeks ago. I don't know.

Dec 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
    I am still stumped by this smell!! It's driving me crazy. I think I am going to have to break down and call a plumber.

I thought of one more thing to add - if anyone has any suggestions. The smell is coming from the drain whether I use hot or cold water - and it lasts only a few seconds. What stumps me is that our house is new and it's coming from both our bathroom's and the kitchen sink. My husband went on the roof and checked the vents & he said they looked OK. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stinky dog [ 4 Answers ]

My Lab mix is only 6 months old but he stinks more than my adult 10 year old Golden mix. Do labs smell more than most breeds? If I change his food would that help? We bath him but in just a day he stinks again. What to do?:confused:

Stinky water [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo on the 4th floor (top floor). When I turn on the bathroom faucet, a terrible sulfer stink comes out. The faucet and connecting pipes were just replaced last month. When I do laundry, sometimes my laundry comes out of the washing machine with the same stink (even though I use...

Stinky bathroom [ 8 Answers ]

We have recently moved into a two year old home. I was so excited about the move because our other house had a stinky bathroom. I called every plumber in town and they all thought I was crazy. There were not leaks of any kind and they found no problems what so ever except I had a stinky...

Stinky bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my bathroom stink now that we just replaced the toilet?

View more questions Search