Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.africa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
    Repo
    I had my car repossed by the bank for non -=payment... the bank ( credit union) has sent me something which indicates how mucha the car was for tax purposes/.. /.. how does repo affect your income taxes?
    youareceo Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2004, 12:14 PM
    repo
    That is mainly for their protection, but does have some liability.

First, they are trying to show you how much they are going to report as a tax write-off to Uncle Sam. And they want you to take THEIR deduction as INCOME!

Can you say, INSOLVENCY? For more details, I need to know specifically what the notice says.

Jon
    [email protected]

The preceding is not legal advice, is not from a licensed debt counselor, and is not provided to persons from states which providing such information requires a license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about a voluntary repo [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question, if a car is voluntarily repossessed, when the car is resold to someone at auction or wherever the amount I know left over is the responsibility of the person who voluntarily repo'd the vehicle, does this price include interest that was on the loan also or just the amount financed...

Repo [ 1 Answers ]

We just got our truck repo-ed. We have had it for 5 yrs paying on it and recently we were not able to make the payments so we were 75days behind. We sent in a payment last week which was returned. So, now our truck got repo-ed. When we called to see about making arrangements to get our (ex)...

They won't repo my car? [ 4 Answers ]

This is a heck of a story. I'll try to be short. An ex-girlfriend and I ran away to Chicago back in 2001. We bought a car from a small local dealer. We used her credit to purchase the car. We broke up and I moved back to Michigan a few months later. I called the dealership and asked if my...

Repo Question [ 2 Answers ]

If a vehicle is repossessed by the dealer that sold it to you and resale’s the vehicle for more then you owed on the loan, who would be entitled to the extra money?

View more questions Search