Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Cleaning hardwood floors
    Can anyone tell me what is the best product or solutions to use to clean hardwood flooring? We have tried numerous commercial products but can never get the floor back to a complete shine. The flooring is 5 yrs old.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Murphy's Oil soap?

Trisodium phosphate and then new polishing compound?

? Hope this helps a little?

Ken
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Thanks! Sounds like lots of work. Actually I used a product called "Woodpecker" for laminates and hardwood and it came up great! It's the same product my husband usually uses to clean the hardwood but I don't think he read the directions :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardwood Floors [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Hardwood Floor over concrete ? I have done them over wood, but never over concrete and I am looking for any inout/experience on this matter. Thanks

Hardwood floors [ 3 Answers ]

I am considering purchasing a new home built last summer. I noticed that the hardwood floors seem to have areas that are uneven. Mainly in the areas between doorways where there is transition from each of the rooms. Other areas feel like the edges of the boards are raising up. Is there a need...

Hardwood Floors [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have carpet installed in all of my rooms except the kitchen. I know that we have hardwood floors under the carpet. I would like to convert to hardwood floors. Could you tell me the procedure for sanding and refinishing hardwood floors? In addition, an area of my den floor is warped...

Cleaning Hardwood Floors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving into an apartment that has hardwood floors in a couple of areas. I wanted to know what the best way to clean them. What chemicals to use, etc. Thank you for your assistance.

Smell in my fridge after having my hardwood floors refinished [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my hardwood floors refinished throughout my house. I expected some odor when using the dryer initially however I did not expect the fridge to be affected. Everything in the refrigerator seems to have an odor... even stuff that is wrapped (like a loaf of bread from the freezor) its...

View more questions Search