Ask
    lchamberlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Solving Functions of g and x
    What is the value of g(f(3))?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 30, 2007, 07:30 AM
    f(x) means evaluate the function f at the point x
    g(f(x)) means evaluate the function g at the point which is the result of evaluating the function f at the point x.
    essentially you determine f(x) and insert that into g(x) as x.
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Nov 30, 2007, 03:37 PM
    lol ScottGem if he/she wanted us to do there homework for them they would post the functions of f(x) and g(x). Considering they didn't they just want to know the steps to go about solving this problem and asterisk_man is correct with his explanation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solving Functions [ 5 Answers ]

Knowing f(x)=x^2+x and g(x)=2x+1 how would you solve f(g(x)) and (g (circle) f)(4)?? How do you determine the f^(-1) of f(x)=3x-2? Is x+2/3 correct? Thanks

Algebra II solving with quadratic functions [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I have failed to complete any of the word problems given to me in my Algebra II book, because I can not figure out how to manipulate the equations to get the correct information. First problem I sort of figured but I'm still having trouble. 1. Find two numbers whose product is 120 and...

Solving quadratic functions [ 1 Answers ]

trying to find the max or min value and the x- and y-intercepts for 5.93x^2-3.135x-5.7 5.69x^2-3.135-5.87

Functions... problem solving [ 4 Answers ]

A 0.5kg ball is thrown vertically upward at a speed of 25m/s. Its velocity, v(t) (in m/s), at time t(in seconds0, is given by v(t)=25-9.8t. Its kinetic evergy, K(v) (in Joules), is given by K(v)=0.5v^2. Express the balls kinetic energy as a function of time, K(t). OKay I have no idea even where...

View more questions Search