Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajul jirawla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Praries of North America
    Why Praries are called wheat basket of the world or wheat granary of the world
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rajul jirawla
    Why Praries are called wheat basket of the world or wheat granary of the world
    I think the term used for the North American Prairies is "Bread Basket." Grain crops like wheat grow well there and bread is made from grain.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 05:00 AM
    I live in one of the 'bread baskets of the world."

If you think about it, what would be the advantages of a type of land, such as the prairies of the Midwest in North America, where the land is so fertile and so many vegetables and grains such as wheat and other types of crops can be grown there and then be shipped off to other parts of the world as food for consumption?

Just a question to give you some thought and also to answer your question.
    sparow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 10:40 PM
    Because the land very fertile and grains need fertility to grow and there they get it in large amount and send it all round the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical voltage rating in north america [ 2 Answers ]

Any one knows about the nominal voltage and frequency rating in north america!!

Is there glutathione pills in north america [ 1 Answers ]

All the doctors I have heard on TV they say Glutathione will not work by taking it in pills form or any form, so what is the story here, and all the people here who are selling it, are they from the Philippine, how do they get to speak good English? So what you think? Has any body seen results...

North [ 1 Answers ]

Although samuel ringgold ward was a free african american what commentary to dose he offer about his life in the north

North Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing a book that takes place in North Dakota, near Bismarck. Any information about the area would be helpful, like the landscape, climate, and especially the dialect... What kind of accent do people there have, and what slang do they use, etc. Thanks!

View more questions Search