Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sportyrt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
    GNS mark-George N Steer jewelry
    I have a brooch marked GNS and have come up short on trying to find a value range on the piece. I have found similar pieces but no prices. Any info will be appreciated. R. Swope
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Are you sure that G.N.S. stands for George N. Steer? I ask this because what I am coming up with in searches is George N. Shaw.
    sportyrt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 11:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Are you sure that G.N.S. stands for George N. Steer? I ask this because what I am coming up with in searches is George N. Shaw.
    From what I have read George Nathanial Steer had the company from 1890 until 1930 (?)
    And sold it to George Nels Shaw. There are 4 marks for the jewelry and mine was the first listed, thus I assumed mine was a Steer design.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Have you tried the following image search?

brooch GNS - Google Image Search
    Texas meme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Hi,
    I also, have a piece of GNS jewelry. I have searched for a value to place on it too.
    Was offered $80.00 for it by one who collects them. I know that is worth much more.
    Most of these pieces are in collectors collections. So, it is next to impossible to find the value of them, since they are fairly rare.
    THanks,
    Texas meme
    annahartzog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 09:32 AM
    I am a collector of George Steeres pieces. I have paid between 80.00 and 200.00 for his pieces. (I only have a few) Value is really dependent upon the subject matter, condition and size. They are often set with faux stones and are figural in nature. I hope this helps a bit! If anyone has any they want to sell let me know! Happy hunting!
    Texas meme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annahartzog View Post
    I am a collector of George Steeres pieces. I have paid between 80.00 and 200.00 for his pieces. (I only have a few) Value is really dependant upon the subject matter, condition and size. They are often set with faux stones and are figural in nature. I hope this helps a bit!! If anyone has any they want to sell let me know!! Happy hunting!!
    Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a picture of the one I have. If you are interested in it.
    JEASTLING Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 06:27 AM

I have a George Steere sash pin with a snake and a bat.. I can't find any images on the internent relating to his work. Any advice?
    Lanakay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Comment on sportyrt's post
    Do know what the 4 marks are? Mine has a oval shape with GNS & CO in it.
    devinjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
    I listed a gns locket on eBay if you have any info I would be grateful, thanks jim, my email is [email protected]
    devinjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by devinjames View Post
    i listed a gns locket on ebay if you have any info i would be greatful, thanks jim, my email is [email protected]
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

Artist george villa [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to find out about a watercolor by this artist. Any info appreciated

George and Moses [ 1 Answers ]

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm. George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses." The man ignored...

NEED to know George Harrison song. [ 1 Answers ]

I can't for the life of me remember anything in this song Except that it was on a LEVIs jeans commercial in 2005 And it said something about " magic...... magic.." or something... I just remember making a mental note of how much I liked it... But no matter how much I search I can't find...

George Bush [ 52 Answers ]

I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone. Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for His country. I'm struggling to...

View more questions Search