Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Nov 29, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Boss not bearable.
    Okay so.. I'm sure this is not the right category to ask this question in.. But it's the closest one I could find.

I work at Tim Hortons, which would not be a horrible place to work, if it wasn't for my boss. To start my first week there she accused me of being on crack. On Tuesday she yelled at me in front of the ENTIRE store for a reason I am still un aware of. She told one of the new girls that "You suck at singing and are completly unaware of it" also, this new girl asked her a question and my boss said "why do you have such big eyes" She is constantly criticizing us, which would be fine if it was constructive, she just uses it I think to dumb us down and make us sad and angry. I know she cannot do this kind of stuff. I live in Saskatchewan Canada, if that's any help at all to you. I have no idea what the labour laws are, but I'm sure she is not allowed to treat her employee's this way. I am really upset about all of this and I need some legal advice. Any feedback will be appreciated
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Why did you post this under the Labor Unions category, please? Are you in a union that has something to do with the type of work that you do at Tim Hortons?
    minnie4431 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 09:47 PM
    I agree. I think that no boss should be allowed 2 undermine you like that. Take away their job and they are just an ordinary person. They can't treat you like that. Look up some union laws on the internet. See what you can find.
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Nov 30, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Yeah it is unionized but I have no idea what the union is..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 05:15 AM
    You find out who the shop steward is, and file a complaint if you are in a union shop.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRLoS
    yeah it is unionized but i have no idea what the union is..
    Thank you for your answer! So, are you a member of the union or not?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2007, 07:30 AM
    How can you NOT know what union? To be employed in a union shop you need join the union, so you must know what you joined, what you pay dues to, etc. I'm not sure if it's the same with Canada, but in the US, an job site is required to have a bulletin board in the employee break room or near the time clock or somewhere like that that lists where to go for grievances. There should also be a shop steward on site to talk to.

Ask a co-worker if none of this is available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Who's the Boss? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the Boss The boss was complaining in our staff meeting the other day that he wasn't getting any respect. The next day, he brought a small sign that read: "I'm the Boss!" He then taped it to his office door. Later that day when he returned from lunch, he found that someone had...

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

View more questions Search