Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwiebe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Furance not turning on with auto
    When I set the tempture up to 80 degrees on the thermometer and turn to auto the heat does not switch on? Our pilot light is lite and when I turn the heat on it only cool air comes out. Any ideas?
    Thanks for the help!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Well,, its blowing cold air,so we know you have power. How old is furnace? Does it have a induction motor? is there a circuit board on control board on it with a little light that's is on solid or blinking? you can jumper the red and white wires on thermostat which bypasses the stat and tell if it will work without the thermostat,, If all works well ,replace the stat, tell us more after you check this much out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furance won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My furance turns on for about30 seconds then turns off for about 3 seconds never long enough for blower to come on

Oil furance [ 2 Answers ]

My oil furance won't light it is a beckett afg model how can I light

AC , Furnace, and Blower not turning on w/ thermostat set to Auto or On. [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my issue. I cannot turn on either my AC, Furnace, or Blower from the thermostat. However, I can turn on the blower by manually pressing a 'Manual On' button inside the furnace. - AC is powered and was working a couple days ago. - Furnace was also working a couple days ago. - Found...

Turning off CD auto run [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help I want To turn off CD auto run. I'm using Windows XP Home; I've tried start>run>gpedit.msc but I just keep getting the message can not find file. Does anyone know if there's any other way to do it.?

View more questions Search