Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smknudse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Ways to bring excitement in a relationship! Not sex!
    So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year. Two years it will be in February. And we do the same boring thing every time I go over there!

Either:

Watch TV and eat
    Go to the gym (which isn't bad)

... lately we have had actual conversations with each other about our opinions on things and it seems like we are bonding in a way...

Yeah we have sex! And it is great but I don't think that is the problem here

Advice?
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Nov 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Learn to salsa together. Oh and have sex.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Pick a variety of board games to get the conversation going if you are not too competitive in nature... someone wins and someone loses... card games are good too... maybe include another couple... just mix up the stuff you do... read a book together... do art work... pick a hobby of any kind... work on something he is in to one time, and then on one of your projects, build something... pick some charity that you both agree on and do work for them as a fun thing together... teach him how to sew or something you are good at, and learn something from him... enrich your lives... pick something to sell on eBay just to see what happens... maybe something you make, or buy at a thrift store such as an old postcard, or book... not for the money, but it's something you could do to learn about each other by discovering what type of charity they might like to donate the proceeds too... write a letter to someone that you both know, you can do active energetic type things together, or the quieter ones... each of you make a list of these types of ideas to share with the other, then you can decide on a way to choose one or two of the ideas each time you get together... the fact that you do them together will make them even more fun for the two of you. The ideas might cost a quarter or less to do while spending a lot of quality time together. Some other ideas might include calling a church and asking if there are any older people that might need their leaves cleaned by you guys for free... or anything along those lines... perhaps you know of someone yourselves to help out. You could go on a hike through your neighborhood and just talk about ideas of what might make it a better place... maybe take a garbage bag with you and see if you could fill it with trash as a way to improve the world. Remember to take turns in that sometimes you help make a difference in some way you choose, and the next he chooses such as you might want to help the humane society, and he might want to help raise money for the cancer society... just ideas... keep a list of the cool things you do, and they might even lead to other great ideas or opportunities!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Well if after a year you are just now having conversations, that could be the problem. You don't really know each other. Why don't you two go to a message board pick a question and discuss it. Pick a different topic a week. You'll find out what you two think about things. Do things with other couples.
    BTW how old are you two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why would someone always bring up your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I don't know if this question belong to this forum. But I really don't know where to ask. I have a friend that I see about twice every week, and every time I see him he would ask about my ex who dumped me. Which is weird, because a) I don't talk to my ex, b) I hardly EVER see my ex, because...

Should I bring it up? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am rather new to this site, and honestly not entirely sure on how helpful, or even how to post properly, so I guess I'll wing it. My girlfriend and I have been going out for about 7 months, and the topic of sex has only come up once, about two months ago. What I would like to know, is,...

Bring on the rumors about the ex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, This is just a long rant of the thoughts swirling around in my head based on some things I’ve heard about my ex and his new girlfriend. Sunday night I went to visit a friend of mine at work and when I got there another one of my friends that I haven’t talked to in a while also happened...

X-rated excitement [ 2 Answers ]

Duncan is now 15wks so we are guessing this issue is due to his age. He humps like a mad man, well dog. Only his things though which we take as a sign of respect to us. Normal for his age? Through out the day he get's what we call a "red rocket". I don't know about the sensory restraints on the...

Please tell me my fututr will bring me [ 1 Answers ]

My DOB is 2nd June 1974. I got married on the 10.01.1998 but the marriage did not last long. I got separated on the 31.12.1999 and divorced in Dec 2003. I am currently in love with a guy who is 7 years younger to me . He is born on the 16th.August 1981. I have been going out with him for 3 years...

View more questions Search