Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Husband is Quitting!
    Because of peer pressure, my husband started smoking at 15, and he is 20 years old now. He tried to quit before, and it lasted a few months before he started again because of yet again friends saying "oh, just have one with us" or somking around him and making him crave it really bad.
    He has a very stressfull job in the military where a lot of his co-workers smoke which makes it even harder to quit. He is away on course right now and gets home on the 12th of Dec. He plans on quitting as soon as he gets home because due to christmas he won't be working because the bases are closed. It is the perfect time for him because he won't have the pressure, and stress from his job.
    He will basically be going cold turkey with the help of nicotine gum. I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for him to quit and stay smoke free. I am very happy and excited for him, but he can use all the help he can get.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 04:21 PM
    For the first 24 hours no food. He can drink all the water and fruit juice he wants. After 24 hours a bland diet with lots of fruit, juice and LOTS of water. Stay totally way from spices of any sort. No salt, pepper, nothing. And definitely no booze of any sort. Water will flush the nicotine out of the system. Booze and spices heighten the senses and actually will make him want to smoke. Be patient, loving and encouraging. This will be one of the hardest things he will do in his life, kicking any sort of habuit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Quitting Smoking? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so, I want to quit smoking, the thing is, I smoke when I am bored, so to quit smoking I would need to find soemthing else to do with my hands instead of smoking. A friend of mine, she quit smoking and now she eats when she is bored. I don't want to eat all the time... I think I need a hobby...

Quitting tobacco [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, one of my friend was addicted of chewing tobacco from last 10 years, one day he got pain so he leave his habit after leaving tobacco he got ulcer in whole mouth tongue and throat, doctor told him it's a withdrawl effect but that after taking medicine all ulcers decreasing day by day. But at...

Quitting shoplifting [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section to ask about shoplifting, but here I go. I used to shoplift regularly, and I have gotten in a lot of trouble doing it. I have been to jail for 30 days , and am now on diversion for 2 years. Im finally done with shoplifting and will never do it again, but...

Being Sued for Quitting? [ 7 Answers ]

My old supervisor quit her job, and now the company is talking about taking legal actions against her. She was not under a contract which bound her to stay with the company for XX amount of time. The company had been talking about demoting her by taking away the company vehicle away from her,...

View more questions Search