Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Titeman2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Hair Folicle Test
    I was told that taking steam baths or saunas will open your pores and help detoxify your body, because you sweat out all the toxins. Is this true?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Titeman2000
    I was told that taking steam baths or saunas will open your pores and help detoxify your body, because you sweat out all the toxins. Is this true?
    Yes, taking steam baths will help your body to eliminate toxins. You won't be able to depend on it before taking a drug test though.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Hello T:

It's true, your body sweats. But, your hair doesn't and that's where the drug residue is.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
    I'm with Excon here, how is sweating going to get the drugs out of your hair follicles? It ain't!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 08:26 PM
    It is great for getting toxins from your "body", your skin, your pores, and help your over all health, get rid of everything all that fat, soda does to you. It is not going to get drugs out of your hair
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Ha ha, listen to us. He never said anything about a drug test. I assumed.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
    He was talking simply about detoxing your body, opeing pores and sweating out toxins, how'd everybody go to drugs from this?
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
    We went to drugs because the subject of his post clearly states "hair follicle test"

Hair follicle tests are done for drug tests.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    We went to drugs because the subject of his post clearly states "hair follicle test"

Hair follicle tests are done for drug tests.
    Holy Moly, OK beat me with a wet noodle, I kept reading it over and over and just had another DUH moment, I guess, sorry!! I'm confused and proned to wandering! Going back into the woods now, time for hibernation!:rolleyes:
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Want another DUH moment?

Hmmm, this is posted in the addictions board.

Giggle giggle
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:57 AM
    LORDY, The only exuse I have is I've been testing for the last week and there's this straight line about my head... that makes a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise now. Ha... And I watched Montel the other day and he had all these miracle 1/2 hr-1 hr cures, the one for a body wrap blew my mind, it was with herbs and ace bandages and I saw a big difference, in this ladys belly area, and I've studied on these, but... and they were talking on how it took toxins out of the body (and stunk) but this has been on my mind now for three days... hence the stupid response, I had a moment. Please forgive. I should start back to dummy title!! Anyway, I'm taping a nap, now, be back in 2-3 days!!
    kim hudgins Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Titeman2000
    No
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Hello kim:

Toxins - yes. Drugs - no.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Folicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... a little over 30 days ago, I tried meth. It might have been equivalent to a few lines. I'm not an habitual user, don't use it, just tried it, and haven't used it since. I now am going for a hair folice test for a job application and HR told me they are testing for drug use within the...

Hair Folicle Test [ 5 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a...

Hair folicle testing [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has to do a hair folicle test and was in the same room with other people smoking cocaine, is this going to present a problem for the test results if this happened a month ago?

Folicle drug test [ 1 Answers ]

It can be detected even with new hair growth for 90 days or more, after using. As for detoxing it sooner as far as I know there is nothing that can.

Hair folicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have been clean for approx. a month. I was using meth. I need to take a hair folicle test is this drug still going to show up with the hair folicle test? Is there anything I can use or do to prevent this drug from showing up?Any type of quick detox or shampoo?

View more questions Search