Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsSH510 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
    I want to have a Diaper Shower and a regular Baby Shower!
    I want to know what exactly is a Diaper Shower? Have you ever had one or been to one? What kinds of gifts to you bring? (only diaper-related things?)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Here is some info for you : Baby diaper shower

According to this website, it is named a "Diaper Shower" because diapers are the most common gift given at this shower. A diaper shower is like a second baby shower. :)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Apparently it's a second shower where everyone gives you diapers.

Baby diaper shower

In my opinion, asking people to come to two showers is tacky (sorry), so I would forego the diaper shower. I recently held a shower for a very good friend and we had a raffle guests could enter - admission was a pack of diapers or pack of wipes. The prize was a $25 gift card. Nearly everyone participated and she got diapers in various sizes.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Two showers is greedy, for the most part. Now you could have two showers if completely different people are invited. AS in workplace and then one for friends and relatives. But you dare not invite any of the same to both.

I like that raffle idea - cute and I think most everyone would participate.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 29, 2007, 05:07 PM
    People come and bring gifts because they care about you, I wouldn't suggest trying to have 2 of these showers. It would just make you out to be greedy and almost like using people who do care about you. And yes the raffle is cool, we all now how much money we spend on nappies (diapers) it all adds up and if you don't have to worry about them for a few months then woo hoo!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby shower host [ 5 Answers ]

For various reasons, I am considering hosting a baby shower for my daughter. I've read some information on the web saying it's perfectly OK for a grandmother-to-be to host a shower, but I guess I've always thought that etiquette dictated that mothers of the guest of honor should not host a...

Baby Shower Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am in a bit of a pickle here. I am throwing a baby shower for a close friend of mine and another friend of hers was going to help me. However, I have never heard from her, I have called twice and e-mailed 4 or 5 times with no luck. Now the invites need to go out. My question is... can...

Baby Shower- need help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a baby shower to go to for my sister in law tomorrow, it's a surprise one that my mother in law and her sisters from 3 hours away are driving down to throw it for her. My problem is that I don't want to go because they never threw a shower for me 2 years ago with my daughter, which I...

Baby Shower - kind of long - need help [ 5 Answers ]

I'm have a very akward situation. My youngest (21) sister is pregnant. She's the youngest of three girls and is the first to have a child. When she was only 2 months pregnant her best friend (19) said she wanted to throw the baby shower, which is fine. I know that customary the family members of...

View more questions Search