Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariposa215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Does a bogus charge that was dismissed stay on your record forever?
    Two years ago I had been dating a girl for two years. I found out through a mis-sent email that she was cheating on me. I knew the person and I knew she was at his house at the time, so I went over there to ask what was going on. I didn't know which apmt was his, so I waited in the parking lot and called her to come down and talk to me. I did not threaten anyone or scream I just waited in the parking lot. She refused but admitted to being with him. I kept calling with no answer. I over did it, I called about 20 times in 20 minutes, never reaching anyone. The police showed up and arrested me for harassment for the phone calls, then charged me with domestic violence because I was in a intimate relationship with her. I explained that there had been no domestic violence that I had not even seen her that night, but they said it was domestic violence because we were intimate. Anyway, I had to plead no contest the next day because the only charge was the phone calls made, which I admitted to making. I had to go through 6 months of domestic violence classes and probation until my probation officer and class teacher submitted that I should be let out early because I didn't have a domestic violence problem. I was let out early, and was told that my record would show that the charge was dismissed. Does that stay on my record forever that I was charged with a domestic violence crime? Or that I plead no contest to it? I feel like a got a really bad deal in all this and want to know if my record is now messed up. I had never been arrested before this or since. I was 23 when it occurred. Thanks very much, sorry for the length.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
    There are many levels of "records". If they indeed dismissed the case, then it will not show up on public reocrds, but actual records will be there showing the plea agreement, the sentnece and the dismissal.
    This would normally only show up for national security searches and for police looking at the records
    maryjanepiper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
    My dismissed case is showing up on line under court records so I'm sure your is showing up as well.. I have been searching for a way to get my dismissed charge permanently off my record for employment and expungement does not work for a dismissed case. I'm in CA.
    Nona Yerbsns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Fifteen years ago I was in my car and my ex (whom I hadn't seen in a couple of years) suddenly was in another car on my passenger side. He hit me with his. I pulled over, got out and we started yelling. Cops showed up. We were both arrested. I was initially charged with assault (we both were, because the cops routinely arrested both people in such situations) and, because I was verbally loud... gee, I wonder why? Also charged with Disturbing the Peace. I accepted the disturbing the peace, but the judge threw out the assault charge, because my car was hit. He came after me. He had a history of domestic violence, etc.

I left the state, only to be found in another. I left the country for five years. After getting notified froma friend that the p.o.s. had colon cancer, I returned to the States, figuring the idiot couldn't hurt me anymore.

Two months ago I took a lifescan background check to work with a couple of kids in a tutoring capacity. After a few weeks working, I got a call yesterday telling me that I couldn't work there anymore. Lifescan didn't give them any information other than I was a risk due to a charge from years ago. When the mail came to me - an hour after getting told I couldn't work there anymore, I got more information. THe charge of assault, while 'dismissed' was still out there. I can attempt to fill out the paper work to get this gone, but since the piece of crap hasn't died yet, I am worried about opening up a can of worms that are better left sealed.

I am heartbroken, I wanted to work with these kids and he has victimized me again.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Nona Yerbsns, what is your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will it stay forever? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a girl English bulldog. She had an affection on her neck .I cleaned it out but she has this wound from the affection. How long will stay and/or will it stay forever?:eek:

Is this bogus,SKU112.CAB [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, How do I get rid of this phoney Windows Installer for Microsoft Office 2003? Thank You, and God Bless you,, Donna

He is still in my heart.and I think he may stay there forever. [ 5 Answers ]

I know that I should forget him, I know I should move on and get on with my life. I am confident girl and I know that sooner or later I will meet someone who I may fall in love with again..........but each time I see him and talk to him, I just dont want to do it, I cant..... Last night we had a...

Trans and Saturated fats stay in the body forever? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I've been doing googling for the past half hour but haven't yet provided myself with an answer to my question (or fear!) I know that trans and saturated fats can't really be used by the body. Does this mean that once we consume them, that they never leave? Are we ever...

Bogus Universities And Their Degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Is Belford University Come Under This Catogory?? / Thanks

View more questions Search