Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zakenher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Changed valve on Hotwater tank leads to low flow
    I have a 40 Gallon Natural GAZ "GIANT" hot water tank. The Cold water in valve was leaking so I changed the piece. I made sure that the everything was clear and clean and that the valve was a BI-Directional flow. The tubes are PEC and I crimped the O-rings into place and they are a GO.

However with the water turned back on the Hotwater flow in the house on all faucets is down to a Trickle. Cold water flow is normal.

HELP!

Any ideas?

John
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:23 PM
    The inlet nipples on some water heaters have a rubber diaphram and may have debris blocking them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failed t & p valve in hotwater heater [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 4 yr. old gas hot water heater. A few months ago (hot summer) we noticed our therm use was 3x's more for the summer months than last summer. Our plumber determined our t & p valve was not working and he has replaced it. Could you please tell me why a faulty t & p valve caused us to use...

Flow from pressure release valve [ 5 Answers ]

I have a newly installed hot water heater (GE model PG40T09AVH00) and there is water slowly coming out the pressure release valve. Presently, I leave a 32oz cup under the pipe and empty it every day or two. The temperature is set closer to warm than it is to hot to protect our 2 year old...

No pressure in tank-gauge at 0 water flow to home is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house so I know the well pump works fine. The problem is that there is no pressure in the pressure tank and the gauge is at 0. over the winter I ran the water to a steady flow so the pipes wouldn't freeze when the temps dropped to single digits what's wrong with the...

Hot water tank how do I turn it on for my hotwater [ 5 Answers ]

I have not had hot water for 3 days I need a shower, asap , how do I light my pilot where is it I have a gas hot water tank it has a switch that says on,off,and pilot and in the instructions it says to light pilot and hold for 1 min but do I use a lighter or what where is the pilot and how do I...

Washer hose flow valve [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought new washing machine connectors at a national home improvement store. They are billed as flood preventative because they have a diaphram valve at the connector which shuts down water flow when flow exceeds 2.5 gpm. However, I can only turn on the water valves less than a quarter of a...

View more questions Search