Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 5, 2005, 08:11 AM
    Paranormal or sleep paralasis?
    There is this problem Ive had since I was 15 years old. It's a problem that seems to occur almost daily especially when Im sleeping and usually happens when I have a dream. Most of the time I dream that I'm a kid running away from home and ill fly away out the window. I swear I can feel myself float up in the air and ill get woken up because I "fall" back hard down on my bed. I always thought that I was having some sort of paranormal experience and other family members have said they have not seen me actually float but have seen the bed bounce while I was asleep like some one had fallen on the bed or jumped on it. Also when I have these "floating" episodes I actually have to fight to wake up and become conscious again. I wonder if I have that sleep paralasis(spelling?) I would appreciate if someone knows anything about this if they could help me.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2005, 10:36 PM
    It sounds to me like it is astral projection, or out of body experience. Some people can without effort leave their body. It is easier when sleeping. I do not think it is paralysis. That is my personal thought. Remember we all have a spirit body, and a physical body. I would not be alarmed about the dreams and it felt real, it probably is real. In the spiritual sense. So enjoy the flying and feel the freedom.

Joe

Dec 8, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Well if that's the case then I have to talk to the people who's houses I keep flying into. They really got to do some interior decorating.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2005, 07:16 AM
    LOL,

Too Funny. Maybe that is a proffession you can do in life. Redecorating for peoples homes you keep visiting? Could this be a sign? :D

Dec 8, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Ugh! No they better let someone else do that one. I just know that lepoard print does not go with fusia.
    cutiie Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2006, 05:24 PM
    You are not alone ,since I was 9 I have sleep paralysis dreams they are very diturbing my family and fiancé have had to literally grab me and shake me to get out of it, I can't move or speak and I feel a presence in the room with me,if I am alone it is more scary,my mother and one of my sisters has had them too,but not as much as me,as amatter of fact I had one last night my fiancé heard me moaning and knew to wake me up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 07:15 PM
    It would be interesting if you are dreaming of going into the homes of others you have not been in before, to actually find these houses and see if they are like you saw them.

Next have you filmed yourself sleeping, this may show at what level and time your dreams are happening. Are you getting rested, or are you tired from your dream travel when you awake.
    cutiie Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2006, 04:19 AM
    Idream every night and have since I was little ,now 36,I have had two sleep study test done and have been told not just by the staff observing me during the test, but by family members and my fiancé that in my dream state most people take 15 min or so to go into their rem I both times of study go in under 5 min not all are sleep paralisis dreams, I will carry on conversations for 5-10 min,and I have had several different dreams at night never just one.Oh, am I tired every day my mind never rest,people think when you dream you sleep well total opposite you are not at rest,I vouge for that.
    Bluetooth Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2006, 10:34 AM
    I had an out of body experience which scared the life out of me. Now I can tell when it's going to happen and I can actually stop them from occurring. Some experiences I've had have been quite frightening. Often I've had to wake myself by trying to make a loud bang or scream out loud because I can't move and sometimes I'm not even able to scream.
    I'ts strange and I know there is something extraordinary about it.
    I have an open mind and I do believe in the paranormal,
    I like to believe it as being a gift I have'nt quite mastered the art of using properly yet.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 16, 2006, 02:06 PM
    i dream that im a kid running away from home and ill fly away out the window.
    You have not been watching Peter Pan have you :p j/k sorry.:D my bad...

Ok dreaming of running away I was told some years ago means that there is an issue in your life that you need to confront, but maybe its in the back of your mind, you could even not know that this is going on inside your head. Is there anything that has been a change in your lifestyle or something that has changed?

I'm a little off subject I know just maybe taking a look at things another way, in that its your dreams etc...
    Bluetooth Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2006, 01:17 AM
    I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I'm aware of dreams and their meanings. I'm as sceptical as the next person but I do have an open mind to these things. Until I get proof I can analyse this and go with my own thoughts on the subject.
    I know what I know through my own personal experiences, a woman I met at a party a long time ago was talking about all the strange and paranormal events taking hold of her life at that time.
    She was sharing her own experiences to a group of us and they took the p*** out of her basically, suggesting that she was quite mad and needed professional help.
    I remained quiet about it... I was just so fascinated with that topic of conversation. She talked a lot about Astral Travelling.
    Unaware of my own experiences I was amazed to discover the similarities we both had, the way she was describing the lead up to that 1st ever experience was fascinating.
    Still having not known any of my experiences once I told her, she was not surprised, she had some kind of incline that I had gone through similar.
    It was then that I learned so much more because we both ended up wanting to seek answers.
    We are all learning here... how we analyse the situation is down to the individual my friend.
    It's good to remain sceptical on these things but still have an open mind to the possibilities of what really is out there.
    cgg0002 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
    My nephew did this for a while and it is astral projection so I suggested before he falls asleep he keeps telling himself he does not want this to happen again and it worked for him.
    jinie1977 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Ive had sp since 13. I also have out of body expiriences, it started with dreams of falling. Some expiriences have been good. Others a nightmare. Check out lucid dreams and sp on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. you are not alone.
    PinkRoses36 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2010, 12:15 AM

I've had dreams like that too, not flying or such, but where it felt sooooo real, like I lived the dream, I'd wake up crying, sometimes with bruises on me and don't know where they came from, I know I didn't sleep walk cause my boyfriend was in bed with me, and I sleep on the inside where the wall is and the only way to get out of bed is to climb over him, which wakes him up.
    Greta-d Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2010, 12:31 PM

It sounds combination of disturbed sleep and OOB (out of body) episodes. Before falling to sleep, tell yourself to call on your soul and let you know why are you behaving this way. It is very uncomfortable. Do it for a couple of nights and you will get an answer in your dreams. May be it has to do with past life experience. But, most important of all is to let your doctor know about this. There are sleep centers that can evaluate the sleeppattern and can be further help to you.
    romanic.g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Hi guys!yeah id like to say cz I was expected to find some kind of answers about sleep paralisis wich is indeed paranormal,ghosts,spirits,bad evil,alien encounter trying to chuck your body somehow.it happens so often to me,cant even rest proper,always tired,lots of dreaming,different episodes in same night.what id like to say about my recent research is cz few nights ago I took finally my courage to filming the time while I was sleeping and what I experienced was so real this time:as usual all day at work,comeback home having my shower and eat after all my little time doing my stuff for the next day, getting to watch a movie as I can't go to sleep that early.it gets me to watch already two movies and is always late as 1,2 or 3 am.I turn on the camera,put in position,my light in my room is always on in the night time; and after said is time to close my eyes and try to sleep.didnt get too long and aproximatly in ten min I was in between sleep and awake,I'm saying that cz my brain never sleeps,I'm always conscious of what happens to me even around me.vr good observer specially cz was in my head what I catch in that camera! I don't know what was but after that ten min,around 3 am a ghosty siluette bang, punch me in the face and wake up straight away didn't feel any phisical pain but my brain was hurting like somewhere inside feeled that hard punch.why I said a ghosty siluette because soon as I opened my eyes I saw this creature without hair,no look of chlotes,lighting grey colour and strong look like was saying "have you feeled enough of that punch?"well,after I wake up,I turn off the camera and tipical after this events,won't go back to sleep till almost another 3,4 hrs later as its altready morning.next day came back as usual from work and said tonoght take my time and try to see but with fear,what I catch on that camera.and yeah that second I got the punch my head was moved away from the pillow as someone's was there and punch me for real.since that time I keep on looking for a new place and thinking of going to church as this kind of paranormal behaviour encounters can happen of the way of how you living your own life wich I think it is in a wrong path!so people,my opinion is cz everything need to be in equilibrium of life,all is so relevant... why people who are always kind,normal clean life doesn't complain about this kind of stuff,no sleep,always tired doesn't get any of this situations?! well everyone gets to have his own opinion so mine is you get what you live;good or bad!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to start up a paranormal investagating group [ 13 Answers ]

Hey there I have read all your messages and for a while now I have wanted to set up a group in paranormal investigation, I live in the uk and can't find where to start going about it I thought maybe finding a team 1st would be the best idea so if any of you are interested then please reply ...

Paranormal Employment [ 30 Answers ]

;) Hi! I was wondering, is there any "paranormal jobs" here in western Michigan available? I mean working in the paranoramal/investigative field that you can get involved in as a job?

My first Paranormal experience [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Well this is my story. I’m in Cornwall (UK) and there’s a haunted castle called Pengasick castle, apparently one of the most haunted in the UK. They were doing a ghost night there so I went allot with my mum and some friends, its was a good night They decided to do a calling and...

Paranormal Employment/Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for any schools with paranormal research classes anywhere in the US. I have a tale of my own to tell... I was at a group home in Barbourville, KY and we were having a Labor Day cookout. I was one of the people helping out with getting everything ready and unloading the goods. I...

View more questions Search