Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Succubus0917 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 02:10 AM
    Weekly reader book order book from the 80's
    OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl who for one reason or another ended up in a town that she had never lived in before but recognized as if she had spent a lot of time there. She was in her teens I think. Anyway, she starts remembering all of this stuff and come to find out, she was having memories from a previous life! She soon realized that in her previous life she was murdered. As she remembered, she kept hearing people tell her "Don't make Scotty mad", or something along those lines. In her memories, this kid that no one was supposed to upset was in an accident on a farm or something and had his had mutilated or cut off. Then she sees an old man in town that has the same wound that the boy in her memory sustained and she thinks he's the one who murdered her. It was a paperback and I believe the picture on the cover was of the girl with a frightened look on her face and she was standing in front of the cemetery or maybe the town square, I can't really remember too well. If anyone can give me the hint to a title or the author I would sure appreciate it! I've been trying to find it since I lost it when I was a kid! I also got a book called Ghosts of Departure point and Watcher in the Mist around the same time.
    Thank you so much!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 02:25 AM
    It's just could be, that someone here just might have an idea as to what books you are describing and may even have copies of them. In the meantime, you might want to also direct an inquiry to the Weekly Reader site. Another thing that you might try is searching at a bookstore that sells antique as well as collectible books. We have one around where I live. It's great!

Weekly Reader Classroom Magazines and Educational Supplements

Nov 29, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Thank you very much for the response! That was a great idea! I sure do hope after all these years that SOMEONE remembers this book!
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:47 AM
    You are welcome! It is likely that at least one of the people here has read at least one of the books that you have mentioned. A really good person to ask about this sort of thing would be Wondergirl. She is a librarian and also a published writer.

Nov 29, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Great! Thank you again!
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Then, I would suggest private messaging Wondergirl and directing her to this post by copying and pasting this address in the message. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/books-...0s-157181.html Otherwise, she might not notice this post because she is busy on so many of them trying to help people.

But, please don't ask the question that you have originally posted here as part of this thread in the private message, because if the answers are out in the open here, then more people are likely to benefit from them. Thank you, kindly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's book 80's [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on a quest to figure out the name of the first book that got me interested in fantasy... Here's what I can remember: A boy and girl, possibly prince & princess, are playing in a garden and are told not to leave/go into the forest, of course they do, The boy gets captured I think, and...

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

80's children's book Weekly reader [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an old children's book I owned. It's about a girl whose best friend is a boy- for about the first chapter. They like playing Monopoly all day in the house when it's rainy. But over the summer he goes off, I think to camp, and starts to make other friends. Other boys. She is left...

Child book from 80's/90's [ 1 Answers ]

Hi people My sister use to have a book years ago, probably in late 80's. I really ant to find it as it would be an excellent xmas pressent. I'll try describe as much as I can. It went along the lines of asking questions. Questions like would you eat slugs for 5 pounds. Would you stay in a...

View more questions Search