Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jetstream77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 12:30 AM
    Terminology question...
    This is a little weird but does anyone know what "pathological distention of the bowel" means?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 03:36 AM
    That's a fancy term for a stretched bowel... claimed to be a possible consequence of holding in your flatulence (farts).

Really.

See here and here.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 5, 2005, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream77
    This is a little weird but does anyone know what "pathological distention of the bowel" means?
    I would not say it is a fancy term. If it had been, there would not be a PATHOLOGICAL word before it. It means that your intestines are distended. Reasons maybe due to inflammation, infection, lack of some cells(Plexus) which makes it not fuctional.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 04:11 AM
    By fancy I meant medical.

Distension means enlarged. Pathological means medical.

So "pathological distention of the bowel" means "enlarged bowel" to the non-medical folk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminology [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I need to know the word(s) people use for this: Some companies sometimes ask their employees to take some time (a week or two) off without pay when the employers are running out of money. Thank you in advance for your answer.

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search