Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldsbag Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 09:17 PM
    Abcessed tooth
    Just spent the weekend with the agony of an abcessed canine tooth. Today, I wouldn't have recognized myself in the mirror. I am on 2 antibiotics, and wonder how long it will be for the swelling to go down, so I can see the dentist.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Tooth
    Hi,
    I know the pain of this, cause it's happened to me many times over the last many years!
    Normally, the swelling should start going down in 7 to 10 days. Did the dentist give you the prescription for the anti-biotics? Any prescription I ever got for this was from the dentist. You could also call your dentist and ask his/her opinion on how long it should take.
    I do hope the swelling goes down quickly. You probably already know that it can't be "numbed" while infected. I do wish you the best.
    oldsbag Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 09:36 PM
    Thanks Fred,
    Thanks for your response. I got the prescription from a medical Dr. in the emergency dept. as it was on a weekend, and no way to talk to a dentist. Today it is looking some better, and did not have to take a pain killer, so the antibiotics must be working. The soonest I could get an appt. at the dentist was Dec. 20th. Hope it doesn't flare up again before then. Hope your situation is resolved. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Tooth whitening [ 4 Answers ]

About the laser whitening in the dentist's office, has anyone has that procedure done, and if so, what were the results? I have a little discoloration and wonder if the whitening would even the color out when it is done... any thoughts?

When will permanent tooth appear [ 1 Answers ]

Our 8 year old daughter has lost one front top tooth and just lost her 4th tooth on the bottom. The other front top tooth has been loose for over a month but hasn't come out yet. The first top tooth came out I think about 4 months ago and nothing is taking it's place yet. The new permanent bottom...

Missing tooth [ 1 Answers ]

My pitbull is missing a premolar behind the canine on the upper mouth so I would like to know if its because he lost it as a 6 months puppy or because is just not suppose to be there and is something wrong with him not eating as much as he should be he only eats enough to walk he is not eating...

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search