Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amylc Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Is it good to feed a cat exclusively boiled chicken without the bones.
    I am afraid that I may have poisoned my old cat that I had to put to sleep with IAMS canned cat food. Later I found that it was tainted. Our other cat is a picky eater. Her favorite food is chicken, or dry dog food. With the pet food scare, I prefer to boil a chicken up for her. She LOVES that. Will not eat a thing raw. What do you think? Would it be okay to feed her only boiled chicken?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
    No! Cats have some specific nutritional needs, and you need to be sure that you get those right. In specific, a diet of strictly chicken is likely to be low in taurine, which could result in eye and heart problems in your cat. If you are going to cook for your cat, do some research and talk to your vet so that you can get tested recipes. You will probably need to supplement the minerals and vitamins, and the recipes will tell you how to do that.

I have looked into doing this, and it's not easy. And after all the work I did, the cats wouldn't eat it!
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Nov 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Homemade Cat Food Recipe for Healthy Adult Cats

Link above is for a balanced recipe, and also for a book for more information on nutrition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can cats eat chicken bones? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it all right for a cat (adult) to eat fried chicken scraps from the table? This includes the bones. I didn't think they could. I know dogs can't. If "no", then why are cats different than dogs on this topic? Thanks Susan:confused: :confused:

Boiled eggs [ 6 Answers ]

How do you boil eggs? How long,etc?

Dog and Chicken bones [ 3 Answers ]

From a PM: ''Hey there. I just read a response you left about chicken bones and dogs. It said something about tarry stool. Well, my dog ate an entire rotisserie chicken and now has diarrhea. Do you know if these bones digest? She is acting fine just has lots of poo.'' Quite often dogs eat...

14 Week PuppyAte Chicken Bones [ 17 Answers ]

About 1 hour and 30 minutes ago my baby whippet/pitbull mix got into about 8/cooked dominos chicken wing bones. She is now very sluggish and looks as if she's not feeling well at all, lying around. She was drinking and left the room when I went downstairs to see if I had cotton balls. I called the...

Shih tzu ate chicken bones hheeelllllllllllpppppppppp [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my little shih tzu of nearly 10 months likes to dig through the bin. Anyway two nights ago he pulled out the bag full of cooked chicken wing bones and ate them. I didn't know until he was sick. This morning when I woke up in the kitchen there was sick everywhere and it was all just chopped up...

View more questions Search