Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BHolmes Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 06:37 PM
    Prepaid Account
    Company A is sending a check to Company B(manufacturing company) each month as a prepay to cover expenses. On the books of Company B upon receiving the check from Company A, the check would be recorded as a debit to cash and a credit to what? What type of prepaid account should be set up? Once the items/material is shipped, the amount would then go into sales from the prepaid account. Is this correct?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
    Your question is unclear. Specifically, your facts are.

Company A is trying to pay for Company B's expenses why?

From the latter part though, it sounds like its Unearned Revenue.

So I would say debit Cash, Credit Unearned Revenue (as you seem to be saying that Company B ships out a product to Company A later on.. hence, a sale)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepaid insurance an asset? [ 8 Answers ]

According the GAAP (the 3 asset criteria), how can I justify that Prepaid insurance is an asset? (i.e. I know that costs are known and that it will provide future benefit for the company, but is this future benefit measurable)?

Prepaid insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem... I am renewing my company's insurance policy and I am paying 25% downpayment of the premium in Sept. and the rest in 10 monthly installments. When I pay down the 25% do I record this is prepaid insurance? Also, the 10 monthly installments should be recorded as insurance...

Amortize prepaid insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question that I can't seem to answer. If I have a prepaid insurance on January 1st which benefits me a full calendar year . How do I amortize for 6months on June 30th and how would I list the journal entry . Any assitance would be more than appreciated

Searching for a prepaid service plan [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is trying to locate a chapter of the Hemlock Society or The Neptune society. Does anyone know of any thing like that in Alabama? We are wanting to get things in order now instead of leaving things to each other or our family. Any help would be appreciated. T

Where can I buy prepaid cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy a prepaid card to be able to download music from the internet for my MP3 player. I know I can download it for free, but I don't want to do that.

View more questions Search