Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kennyb72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Ceiling fan and light wiring
    Where does each wire go? I have 2 pull chains, 1 for the light and 1 for the fan. The fan is a multi-speed. There are 7 wires coming out of the fan box.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 04:29 PM
    This picture should make your job easier -- I will walk you through it

Fan Figure 1

The GREEN wire is your ground and connects to frame of the fan

The WHITE is the neutral and is wire nutted to the white wire on top of fan

The BLACK is power for fan & light -- it is wire nutted to a (BLACK) & a (BLUE) wire

This completes the wiring of fan and if done correctly you have power to light

The WHITE wire goes to white wire on the light fixture

The BLUE wire goes to the black wire on light fixture
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Your switches should each have a power in common, and one or more outputs. Although we have good people here, I am not sure they will have enough info about your fan to help. Were the switches factory installed? Are their terminals labeled? Post the brand and model, and maybe Ceilingfanrepair can help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Are you talking about 7 wires where the ceiling meets the fan, or at the bottom of the fan where the light attaches?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling light wiring? [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased two ceiling lights at Home Depot and when I got them home I noticed a warning on the box that said " use supply wire rated at 90 C, most homes built before 1985 use 60 C wire". My home was built in 1971. How do I tell if my wiring is okay. I checked the wire sheathing and the...

Wiring of switch and ceiling light [ 14 Answers ]

I have been trying to answer wiring problems and not sure I agree with a previous Posting where someone was told to twist 2 bare wired and twist 2 white (guess they Wirenut them) and that leaves two black wires to go to the light?? *** THE REAL PROBLEM *** ...

Ceiling Light Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hey! I just moved into this 1 room apartment, and decided to put a ceiling light , a 2 bulb. Just to fill you in, before that, and (still) , I had accidentally found out that the switch on the wall , was connected to an outlet, so I just got a cheapo lamp and connected there so it could be...

Wiring a 3 way switch to ceiling fan light [ 1 Answers ]

My pull chain to my ceiling fan light quite working. I got a new 3 way switch from HD. Forgot how the old switch was wired. From the ceiling fan I have a blue and a white wire and the switch has a red, blue and black and the light fixture has black and white. I have 5 white and 5 black on the...

Wiring a Ceiling Fan (w/light) [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into a new house and I'm installing ceiling fans. I've installed 4 other ceiling fans with no issues and on my last one I'm scratching my head. For each fan I'm installing a switch with a separate fan and light controller on the wall (side by side sliders). There are 3 wires on...

View more questions Search