Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armsttim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2003, 07:42 AM
    Bow Sizing
    How does one determine what size bow to buy? I have noticed many lengths and draw distances. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bow to find out it is not comfortable to use.
    Saker Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2004, 02:06 PM
    Bow Sizing
    The best way to buy a bow is to go to a shop where you can try them out first. This will allow them to measure your draw length and decide on the right sized bow for you, and for you to find out what bow you are comfortable with. It depends on your arm length and height really, but it's still best to try them. Most good stores will help set the bow up and allow you to bring the bow back in original condition if you still don't get on with it after a while.

I'm in the UK, so the shops I use are Quicks and Wales Archery are supposed to be good.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Saker is right. You just have to try the bow to get the best bow for you. I still shoot some of the older longer frame compound bows, but the shorter frame bows are much easier to use in a tree stand, and they are lighter than the older ones. You just have to try them to find what you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sizing guide for pex supplies [ 5 Answers ]

hello again speedball, so I've decided to tackle my pex plumbing project myself and not shell out $700 to the "I know a guy" guy. From what I've read so far, sizing pex is the same as copper, but I value your input greatly. I am running supplies for an attic half bath. The total run for...

Image sizing [ 7 Answers ]

I downloaded a thumbnail image, is it possible to enlarge it without blurring the image? It is in GIF format.

Conduit sizing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all! I am relocating my breaker box approx 30 feet from its original location. Installing splice box in the old location for connections. My question is : I have 14 12-2 and 3 12-3 to pull from new box to splice box what size conduit do I need so not to worry about heat build up or de-rating...

Sizing Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement and I'm trying to identify if my existing furnace is large enough to heat the basement. Here are the details. I have a Trane XE 80 LP furnace with a 100,000 BTU input rating and it's an 80% furnace. My house is 2250 square feet EXCLUDING the basement. I'm finishing 700...

Sizing sewage ejector [ 2 Answers ]

I am owner/builder in design stage of a new 'log' cabin with basement and just got to plumbing. I will of course hire a plumbing sub-contractor but want to avoid total redesign by 'understanding' enough basics to get it OK on my floor plan. I will post the drain and venting questions as a separate...

View more questions Search