Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SajidBhai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Dual booting
    Hi guys this is the 1st time I'm asking a question and hope to get the best and correct answer.
    I want to install Windows XP and Windows 2003 server enterprise edition on the same harddisk and want to use different partition what should I do
    Thanks
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SajidBhai
    hi guys this is the 1st time im asking a question and hope to get the best and correct answer.
    I want to install Windows XP and Windows 2003 server enterprise edition on the same harddisk and want to use different partition what should i do
    thanx
    When installing the first OS, it will ask you what size of partitions do you want, then set them to abokut half(if that is what you want) and then install one by one. The second one you install should just either add on to the boot.ini file. If all is done correctly then you should be able to boot XP and 2003 without problems. Don't forget to make sure that the pagefile.sys is only in the drive that you want the OS or else that could cause problems. If you want to, just install all your programs after both are installed in the same directory... save space and run just as efficient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual booting setup of Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit and Win XP Pro 32-bit? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have Windows Ultimate OEM 64-bit version installed. I have 2 hard drives on my system. My 160GB SATA hard drive has Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit installed and running very well. (C) I have a second hard drive (80GB IDE) on my system which has backup files. I would like to install...

Need Help. Booting [ 1 Answers ]

My computer was working perfectly yesterday. This morning I started it up, normally as I always do, then the following problem occurred. "Operative system failed." Any idea why THAT could happen?

Dual booting problem [ 2 Answers ]

I Had Dual Booting With Windows98se (c Drive) & Windows Xp (d Drive) . I Removed Xp By Formatting D Drive. How Do I Remove The Shortcut At Booting Initially

Dual Booting W2k3 Server and XP pro [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I've a working custom built Desktop PC with Win XP Pro running without any issues. My 80GB HDD is partitioned into 4 partitions of 20GB each. Now I'm curious to know whether I can install Windows 2000 Server, so as to make it a dual booting system. Someone told me that I can't do so...

Dual booting winxp and win98se [ 3 Answers ]

?How do I dual boot with winxp and win98se on separate harddrives? Itried it before and ran good for 2 days then I lost my 98, had to reformat the drive, right now I'm using a switch and I'm about to build another machine tomorrow and don't want to use the switch anymore because of some errors in...

View more questions Search