Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ps3421 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
    Low water pressure in sink sprayer
    Water comes out of my single lever kitchen faucet, but when I press the sprayer handle only a small, weak spray comes out... from other readings I believe I have a diverter problem... I have a kohler k-10412 faucet...
    I need help to clean out the diverter
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 4, 2005, 02:36 PM
    "i have a kohler k-10412 faucet....i need help to clean out the diverter"

And I wish I could give you specific advice instead of a general description of what to look for. Unfortunately Kohler doesn't furnish exploded views on their spec sheet.
    Before you dig into the faucet, check the sprayer head and diverter action.
    Unscrew the sprayer head from the hose. Turn on the water, you should be getting a full stream from the open hose. Now place your thumb over the hose, the diverter should divert the flow to the spout. If everything happens like I just said then the diverter's operating OK and the sprayer head's clogged and you won't have to open up the faucet. You can open up the sprayer or simply replace it from your local hardware store. If not you'll have to clean out the diverter.
    First remove the handle and pull the spout. You should find the diverter at the base of the spout and just above where the sprayer hose connects on to the valve body. Pull it out and clean out any crud and trash that might be lodged in there. If you pull the diverter all the way out then check to see that the path from the valve body to the sprayer hose connection is clear. Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink sprayer water smells [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I am a newbie--any help is greatly appreciated! My problem is the kitchen sink sprayer. The water that comes out of it smells bad (kind of a moldy smell), but only for the first couple of seconds of use. After that the water seems fine. Also, if the sprayer was used very recently (as in...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Loss of pressure for kitchen sink sprayer [ 17 Answers ]

My kitchen sink spray was working all right, plenty of pressure until I had a new faucet installed. The faucet has pressure (as before the change) but when I use the sprayer it goes down to almost a trickle. Before the change the faucet and sprayer had good pressure, now, only the sprayer has...

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: recently took kitchen sink out to replace coutertop, the water pressure has been low in kitchen sink ever since. Have checked for foreign objects in line. Dishwasher seems to be working fine.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search