Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karim_sbitar Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2005, 11:54 AM
    Gingival curettage
    I saw a dentist and he tell me that I may have tartar between the gum and the teeths. And that is why I have the damned gum bleeding,what do u think of that, shall I do the gingival curettage he advised me to? And how can I be sure That I do really have tartar under my gum
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 4, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karim_sbitar
    I saw a dentist and he tell me that I may have tartar between the gum and the teeths. and that is why I have the damned gum bleeding,what do u think of that, shall I do the gingival curettage he advised me to? And how can I be sure That I do really have tartar under my gum
    I think you should ask another dentist's advice. Tartar sometimes do cause gum bleeding when you try to maipulate it by removing it. Since it is very adherent, it tends to injure your sensitive gums. But spontaneous bleeding from your gums even without manipulation is not likely with tartar. Other causes like Vitamin C deficiency, Coagulopathies & other blood problems have also to be taken into consideration.Do have your doctor's appointment & another dentist's as well.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2005, 05:58 AM
    Gums
    Hi,
    I would, as another suggested, see another dentist to confirm this. Cutting away of some the gum areas is the usual procedure you are talking about. Gum disease is quite normal, but I would get another opinion first.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 5, 2005, 06:38 AM
    You guys are both right. Its always smart to get a second opinion. Get those teeth taken care of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search