Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gloria112291 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Period is 8 days late and negative pregnancy home tests
    Okay umm well I'm like 16 turning 17 years old and like, I'm having this problem.. My period was due around the 20-22 of November and it is now the 28th of November and I'm worried because it's late. Recently round 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend but we didn't use any Protection and I'm worried I could be pregnant but also I've been having all these pains for the past 2-3 weeks in my stomach and they hurt really bad but sometimes it's like I can't even go to sleep. My boyfriend and I are thinking about going to the doctors so I can get a checkup but before I go I guess I want to know the possibilities that I might be pregnant, especially since it's never been late before and I never had these kind of pains before. If you think I am, do you think it's a wise decision to take an abortion pill. I hate abortions but I'm just not ready nor is he. What should I do?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Well if you were due for your period about a week ago, and you had sex 2-3 weeks ago... you had sex during you most fertile time. So you may very well be pregnant.

Although it is not uncommon to be late or skip a period altogether once in awhile, due to many factor including sex... the fact that you have unprotected sex GREATLY increases your chances of being pregnant.

If you are pregnant, the morning after pill would do you no good at this point. Hence the term "morning after"... you are to take those pills no later than 72 hours after unprotected sex.

I would definitely suggest going to you doctor and getting a blood pregnancy test.

Upon the results, your doctor can give you options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 11 days late, negative pregnancy test a week ago, possibly still pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

My period is currently 11 days late. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it was negative. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant?

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

4 negative tests, 8 days late, and mild cramping [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 24, my period was due on 10/18/2007, I don't have many pregnancy symptoms, I was nausious today, and a couple days ago, I had butterfly's also. My breasts felt tender last night but fine today. Today I am having mild cramping, but no sign of period coming. Me and my boyfriend have had...

No period, negative home pregnancy tests but am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light as I am a little confused. I stopped taking the pill 5 weeks ago. My period is always a 28 day cycle. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex and for the past 2 weeks I have been overly tired, some cramping, some nausea and bloated. ...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

View more questions Search