Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juanhdez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
    My documents. Access denied
    I cannot access the folder My documents. I get a message " Access is denied".
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2007, 06:42 AM
    I found this while searching, try it and inform me if this help

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder

And

"Access Denied" Error Message When Users Try to Access Shared Folders
    juanhdez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaspreet2142
    Thank you. I both links, but I do not see "use simple sharing" any where.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Dec 5, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Open up My Computer. Go to Tools -> Folder Options, select the View tab, scroll to the bottom of the checkboxes to find "use simple file sharing"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My documents not accessible access denied message [ 1 Answers ]

I had to perform a system restore on our computer as we were getting a system shutting down error and nothing else was working. During the reinstall of windows XP everything reset except for one file folder. Whenever we try to open this folder in My Documents we get an error saying that the file is...

Documents and settingsuser account is not accessible - Access is denied [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have run into a big problem that I hope someone can help me with this? My old C drive one day would not boot up windows for some reason? It displayed "bad boot sector id" or something like that? What I did was to purchase and install another HD and set my ole C drive as a slave. I...

Access denied c: drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am in serious trouble. I am not able to access my c: drive(when I open my computer it is shown like (Access Denied (c wherever I click on the icon it says c:\ not accessible. Access Denied. For this drive the sharing and security tab in the properties window is missing. So I can't view...

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner... access denied?? [ 11 Answers ]

Cripes, good grief and Shazam! I border on the obsessed with my internet security. I have Norton and do a fully system scan regularly every week. Then about two weeks ago, noted that Norton was having some sort of problem. I called and got help getting it uninstalled and immediately...

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

View more questions Search